cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation failed but phone was ported

Traveler87
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I've already sent this to the moderator team but want to post here in case I can get an answer sooner.

I have tried to switch to Public Mobile since Friday (five days ago now) and at the mobile kiosk it failed to activate because of issues with both my mastercard and visa debit (both were charged by the way - i found out after I left. Waiting for my bank and credit card company to dispute the charges).  I ended up buying the sim card and taking it with me and attempting again from home - again it failed.

So my phone continued to work on my old carrier (Rogers) until Sunday where my sim card came up with No Service (this was my Rogers sim card as I had assumed since my activation didn't work my old carrier would still be active).

I called Rogers on Monday and they said my number was ported.  I tried activating again with a voucher this time and it came up with another error and then it refused to let me use my number - I guess at this point it thinks my number is already taken by a public mobile user.

All in all I have a phone number and sim card which are now with Public Mobile BUT my activation has never succeeded (I never received a confirmation email or anything) so I cannot remedy this without completing the activation.

My phone still says 'no service' and I am getting really frustrated since I've come to Public on the recommendation of family members who've tried it and now have all these issues PLUS no phone working.

If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.

My phone is an iphone6s. 

3 REPLIES 3

I think this happened to me, and I attempted to make a Self-Serve account, using my phone number, and the SIM number was associated with my account when I made the connection.

Try doing the self-serve sign up.  The worst that can happen is that it fails, and you still wait for an answer.

NOTE:  I had started to activate a second sim, thinking it failed -- it wouldn't allow me as either the email or phone number was assigned.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

just waiting for MOD responses, it takes few hours up to 48 hours, they can help for activatiton.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Traveler87We are all just regular users here and have no access to Public Mobile's machinations.. all you can do is wait for the moderators to get back to you. However do check your spam folders just in case PM's email did come through.

Need Help? Let's chat.