Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activating sim card

lisambr78
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i dont know the 4 digit pin i need to activate my sim card , 

8 REPLIES 8

@Naepalm wrote:

If you put the SIM card in and it asked for a PIN then this means the SIM has been locked by someone trying to set an invalid PIN on it and you will need to talk with the moderators.

But the latter kinda puzzles me why that would happen. 

If your card is locked contact the moderators to unlock the SIM.

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

type SIM locked. Then contact us to open a ticket. 

A newly activated SIM card wouldn't be locked. Some could theoretically take a never-used sim card and insert it into a phone and enabled the SIM card's PIN secuirty, but I can't see any reason for someone to do that.  The default SIM card PIN being 1234, Public Mobile doesn't actaully know what the SIM card's PIN is if it's been changed. They can only provide the SIM card's PUK that allows a user to override the SIM's PIN.  The other option would be to get a new sim card and neither code would be needed.

@lisambr78 wrote:

i dont know the 4 digit pin i need to activate my sim card , 

There is no 4-digit PIN required to activate a SIM card. As stated earlier for onine activation, you choose that yourself.

If you're speaking of the account PIN being asked for on the number porting form to transfer a phone number to Public Mobile, don't use that. Leave it blank. No good can come of using something that can be changed, forgotten, or mistaken with other types of account passwords. It's technically possible to port using old provider's account PIN, but I wouldn't suggest it.

@esjliv wrote:

Hi @lisambr78,

It sounds like the PIN is from the previous provider. You can contact that provider to unlock the SIM card. 

If you have done this, and are still getting issues, contact the moderators via private message at link below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@esjliv 

A 4 digit PIN from the previous provider doesn't have anything to do with unlocking the device or the Public Mobile SIM card.  Also, even if some type of PIN was needed from the old provider, Public Moible would not be able to help.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @lisambr78,

It sounds like the PIN is from the previous provider. You can contact that provider to unlock the SIM card. 

If you have done this, and are still getting issues, contact the moderators via private message at link below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@lisambr78 

If you are activating your card and it asks for a PIN you do not need to use a PIN only need your name and the account number to port your number over. 

If you put the SIM card in and it asked for a PIN then this means the SIM has been locked by someone trying to set an invalid PIN on it and you will need to talk with the moderators.

But the latter kinda puzzles me why that would happen. 

If your card is locked contact the moderators to unlock the SIM.

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

type SIM locked. Then contact us to open a ticket. 

Screenshot_20200710_201119.jpg

Cheers

Naepalm

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@lisambr78 your 4 digit pin is your 4 digit password from your previous provider

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi

Did you already activate the sim?

You chose the pin during the activation.

If you don't choose, the random one is assigned to you.

You should receive it once you insert your sim in the phone

If should be there very first sms you receive from Publicmobile

Do you need code to register your selfserve after activating in store?

That I should be sent to you by sms as well

Try finding a phone that works with Telus or unlock your current one

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@lisambr78 what 4 digit pin? What's the exact message that you are getting? Thanks. 

Need Help? Let's chat.