cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activating SIM card

Maw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased a SIM card at Walmart on February 5, and I'm trying to activate it but its saying its invalid. Can anyone help please.

thanks, Matthew   

5 REPLIES 5

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Maw :Did you manage to activate your SIM card? Follow up with everyone and let us know if you got things figured out.

@user335 

The invalid sim card message is almost always due to an activation session lock. Wait one hour and try again. If you are activating without a current promotion keep in mind they often come out on a Friday. You may want to wait until then to activate in case one gets announced.......

Here's a little advice on having an error free activation. Make sure you are using the correct e-mail that you registerd for a promotion and have you referral code ready to enter on the first page during activation.  

But before you start do this:

1. Clear the browser of your device and close all tabs.
  2. Do device maintenance.
  3. Reboot your device.
  4. Open one tab only using chrome, firefox or safari.
  5. Use secret/private/incognito mode.

Have both your credit cards billing address and your official Canada post address ready....for when you get to the choose a plan/payment stage......

1. If your statement is in ALL CAPS then use them.
  2. Do not autofill whatsoever.
  3. Do not use the apt/unit box. Leave it blank.
  4. If you have a suite # add it to your street address.
  5. When you fill out the street address default to the canada post address if there is a discrepancy. You can use the billing address on your second attempt if necessary.
  6. Example: (suite#) 101-123 1ST AVE E , MYTOWN , PROV , CANADA , X0X0X0
  7. Do not use a space in the postal code. If there is one on your second attempt leave a space and drop the last digit.
  8. Make sure you use the full name on the card.

BTW....never use the back button! You will end up having to wait an hour and start over again. Good luck and Welcome to public mobile!

user335
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Maybe try using a different browser? It happened to me once when I was helping a friend to activate. 

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Maw 

Did you follow the steps on this page:

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Maw ,

This happens. It is possible you took too long on a certain page, or went back in pages...the website does not like this very much.

Try clearing your browser's cache, open a tab in incognito mode and try again.

If still the error, wait 50 minutes as the SIM # is probably locked, but it will unlock after the wait.

EDIT: You could try this link to use the: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

Welcome!

Need Help? Let's chat.