cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activating SIM card

joyfulrebellion
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello! 

I have purchased a SIM card and during my activation process something went funky. I arrived at payment method and after inputing my card information was shown a screen that had a 'generic error'. When I went to begin the process again, it says that my SIM card number is no longer valid. anyone have an idea on what went awry and how I may come to a resolution?? 

mucho gratitude, 

7 REPLIES 7

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Welcome to PM @joyfulrebellion if you ported your number from another cell provider, it may take up to to 3 hours to complete.  If its a voip or landline up to 7 days. You should be able to make calls and send texts.  To receive calls and texts use your old sim. Once it stops your port is complete and the old providers account closed. Stay safe. 

chrisbasm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@joyfulrebellion- If payment went through, account should be active.  Make sure that you can log into your self serve portal.  Also make sure that you auto-pay is correctly set up (as you set it during sign up).  If you did activate auto-pay, you should get your first $2 credit during the month (it would not have been discounted on the first payment they took).

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@joyfulrebelliontry placing the sim card into your phone and logging into your self service account. Please report back the results. Thank you.

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Have you tried your simcard in your cell and do you have service?

<Edit> @gpixel I guess I'm going to have to start doing a refresh before I post.

Either that or learn how to type faster. 😄

@joyfulrebellion install the sim in your phone and see if you have any service. try logging into your account and if you can't, contact customer support here

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

joyfulrebellion
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

just checked my account also and it appears that my payment went through/

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@joyfulrebellion the website is very finicky. try reactivating in an hour and use your browser in incognito/private mode

Need Help? Let's chat.