cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activate website down

foxtrot16m
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i ahve been trying to activate my sim card all day but https://activate.publicmobile.ca/ wont work the site is down

46 REPLIES 46

@computergeek541 wrote:

@foxtrot16m wrote:

i ahve been trying to activate my sim card all day but https://activate.publicmobile.ca/ wont work the site is down

I've been getting a blank self serve website for about an hour. i suspect that these two things could be related.

It's been working fine for me, at least in Firefox, but I tried just now, and the activation page won't come up, but the self serve does..... 🤔 

@Anonymous wrote:

Due to the graphic nature, I'll just put a link here. It's what came to mind. It's old. I'm sure everyone has seen it.

Yeah, I've seen that one (of @darlicious  😉 ) before, but it's a keeper! 🤣 

@Anonymous  OMG!! I was told that old footage of me had been destroyed. Well lesson learned... once on the internet forever on the internet....it never goes away. Geez I feel so violated and frustrated....       LOL that was a dang gone it good laugh!!   Thx

@foxtrot16m wrote:

I've been getting a blank self serve website for about an hour. i suspect that these two things could be related.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Due to the graphic nature, I'll just put a link here. It's what came to mind. It's old. I'm sure everyone has seen it.

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder  Using the laptop is more frustrating than using simon....and more expensive when gentle pounding on the keyboard turns into smashy throwy.....no I just let the bf watch "movies" on it. I'm sure it'll be virus ridden in no time!

LOLOL - that struck my funnybone!!! 🤣 

@CannonFodder  Using the laptop is more frustrating than using simon....and more expensive when gentle pounding on the keyboard turns into smashy throwy.....no I just let the bf watch "movies" on it. I'm sure it'll be virus ridden in no time!

@darlicious  Well then, fire up that laptop of yours, and get on the latest version of Firefox, and you shouldn't have to worry about SIMon obscuring anything on your screen.

@Anonymous  I for one ould not be sending out a search party for simon.....i would hope he would quietly slip away but no he is permanently camped out by my post button.

@geogolem wrote:

It is not working in Firefox for me, but I am running Firefox BETA.

Given the number of browsers in your stash, would you be interested in trying the "vanilla", stable version of FF, because I was using 73.0.0, which worked fine, so then I noticed there was an update available, to 73.0.1, so I got that, and it still works fine?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@CannonFodder  wrote:  the disappearing SIMon question mark icon.

Yes SIMon is still not on every page, I can still only find it on the Get Help page.  I wonder if PM techs are even aware of this?

Yeah, it popped on right away, when I 1st logged in earlier today, and it's been in & out(mostly this) ever since. Aware of it? Well, we don't know how much PM monitors what's said here, but I DID ask one of the Oracles if PM would be aware, or if it needed to be brought to their attention..... that is, assuming they care about the SIMon icon.....

Maybe no-one (but us?) cares enough about that disappearing SIMon...oh well:)

I know I don't care... stupid simon grumble mumble

@CannonFodder wrote:

@dabr wrote:

Yes SIMon is still not on every page, I can still only find it on the Get Help page.  I wonder if PM techs are even aware of this?

Yeah, it popped on right away, when I 1st logged in earlier today, and it's been in & out(mostly this) ever since. Aware of it? Well, we don't know how much PM monitors what's said here, but I DID ask one of the Oracles if PM would be aware, or if it needed to be brought to their attention..... that is, assuming they care about the SIMon icon.....

Maybe no-one (but us?) cares enough about that disappearing SIMon...oh well:)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

Has anyone who can't get it work in any browser tried a soft reset of their device?

Restarted with some W10 OS updates. Then Firefox also updated. Edge works now. Chrome works now. Firefox with some filters and also private mode don't work.

For those who's plan may expire and maybe 'autopay' isn't set up, or leaving payment to the last second, Public Mobile site being down could temporarily set you back a day. I am so glad that I place some extra funds into my account. Maybe, you should do the same too?? Just enough to cover you for a month or 90-day plans.

Sometimes, it's the host server that may have issues, not Public Mobile's site. Imagine who else is affected that are on the same server as Public Mobile! 

I have tried it on a Mac, Chrome, Firefox and Safari. 

A screen of nothing: Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 2.13.29 PM.png

@dabr wrote:

Has anyone who can't get it work in any browser tried a soft reset of their device?

@geogolem wrote:

Interesting,

Yes, ain't it though..... read on....

I am not trying the activation portal.

Well, that's what's been discussed here.....

I cannot get to self serve.. i.e. click "My Account" in the rop right of any page at publicmobile.ca

Just out of curiosity, I just tried that too, and it popped on right away. 😮 

It just loads a white page. This is the same across all my browsers,

Firefox

Chrome stable

Chrome Beta

Chrome Dev

Chrome Canary

Edge Stable

Edge Beta

Edge Dev

Edge Canary

Opera

and Brave.

THERE'S the problem - too many browsers! 😉  Just another of the PM issues, to go along with, among others, the disappearing SIMon question mark icon.

geogolem
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

ya, im not in a rush. I will wait and am sure it will be fixed eventually. 

but it definitely isn't working for me, right now.. ...

EDIT: 

Interestingly enough, it is working in Chrome Canary and Edge Canary.

It is not working in Firefox for me, but I am running Firefox BETA.

@geogolem  So being a long term customer here (much longer than me), you would know PM seems to go through some of these glitches every now and again.  I have, in fact, seen that blank white screen very recently when trying to log in along with others experiencing he same problem.  However, it did get rectified very quickly last time, so hopefully it does now too, although I understand it can be quite frustrating if you don't have time to keep trying. 

Also 611 can be used for anyone needing to make their payment for renewal.

geogolem

Interesting,

I am not trying the activation portal. I cannot get to self serve.. i.e. click "My Account" in the rop right of any page at publicmobile.ca

It just loads a white page. This is the same across all my browsers,

Firefox

Chrome stable

Chrome Beta

Chrome Dev

Chrome Canary

Edge Stable

Edge Beta

Edge Dev

Edge Canary

Opera

and Brave.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

loads nothing and for me its not a matter of being slow. It literally loads a blank white page.

EDIT: interestingly enough, it is working in Chrome Canary and Edge Canary

@geogolem wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

Wow, I guess my bedside manner needs work..... seriously, THAT qualifies as "obnoxious"!? 🙄 

I think @Alyssalovesugly is saying people are being "abnoxious" because the site is clearly down and people are making ridiculous assumptions about some kind of mistake she is making when if they simply tried to go to the self serve portal they would notice the site is down as well.

More like, people are asking questions, because none of us is sitting there with her, and have no idea what she may, or may not, have already tried.

As for the activation site being down, since this topic has been added to, I just tried it AGAIN, with Firefox, and it worked fine, so I tried with Chrome, both with an Incognito window, and then without, and it didn't work in either case.

This sort of thing has cropped up several times before, and it often is as @dabr  has said, that if you wait 'til later in the day, it then works. Seems like PM needs more bandwidth, and/or servers devoted to this..... 🤔 

@geogolem @Alyssalovesugly  Still works in Firefox for me...a little slow getting there though...Screenshot_20200218-135505.png

geogolem

@dabr wrote:

@geogolem wrote:
@Alyssalovesugly wrote:

Omg... Ya'll are obnoxious. Never **bleep**ing mind. 

lol --> I am also having troubles with the site.

I am quite tech savvy so it is not something trivial like a web browser, cookies etc. 

The site (self serve portal) appears to be down. I have no idea why, nor do I know when it will be back up. I checked here on the forum to see if they posted anything about the site being down.

Yes PM website has had that issue on/off over the last couple of weeks.  Usually just waiting a little while and trying again later will work.  This is when a little patience is required:)

Ive been with Public Mobile since prior to Telus buying them. I also manage around 10 friends/family accounts. I have never had this issue with the self serve portal. Sometimes I have experienced it being "slow" or "unresponsive".. and yes in those instances patience is required; however, the site literally loads a white screen - one cannot even get to the login page. Perhaps it will be back shortly and a little patience is in order but I am 100% certain this is not something that happens regularly. I specifically checked the forums to see if anybody posted anything similar to what I was experiencing. In cases where it was sluggish or slightly unresponsive, I would have not even got to the point of checking the forums.

geogolem

@CannonFodder wrote:

Wow, I guess my bedside manner needs work..... seriously, THAT qualifies as "obnoxious"!? 🙄 

I think @Alyssalovesugly is saying people are being "abnoxious" because the site is clearly down and people are making ridiculous assumptions about some kind of mistake she is making when if they simply tried to go to the self serve portal they would notice the site is down as well.

@geogolem wrote:
@Alyssalovesugly wrote:

I am quite tech savvy so it is not something trivial like a web browser, cookies etc. 

The site (self serve portal) appears to be down. I have no idea why, nor do I know when it will be back up. I checked here on the forum to see if they posted anything about the site being down.

Yes PM website has had that issue on/off over the last couple of weeks.  Usually just waiting a little while and trying again later will work.  This is when a little patience is required:)

geogolem
@Alyssalovesugly wrote:

@Alyssalovesugly  I'm just going to ignore that last comment because I know you're frustrated. Try rebooting the device your using.

Alyssalovesugly
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Need Help? Let's chat.