cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account suspended 'cause PM can charge my CC

ndnk78
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hello,
i've used this cc Visa to autopay PM for years. The current card exp. in 2023 and have plenty of credit available.
Suddenly today Jun/12/2020, my account is suspended because it said PM can't widraw money from cc.
I've logged in my account, deleted current visa cc and reenter it (since i have only one cc), without succeed in reactivate PM account.
What give? Please help.

21 REPLIES 21

ndnk78

Like many people, I enjoy auto-pay feature which gives me reward and transquillity of not being bothered every monthly with topup fee...Suddently, it failed and freaked us out. PM should explains why.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Anonymous....as you know..".failed Autopay" is one of the more common problems that sometimes occur. It would be nice to know what causes it and how to avoid it other than the manual prepay work-around. Most times, the problem is user error...but other times seems like just a random fail event that causes plan to Suspend. Wish there was an explanation or evident cause to mull over.

Absolutely. I have said on many occasion that autopay should be bulletproof. The taking of our money should NEVER fail by fault of the system. Expired card, change of address etc are not their fault.

But again, many thousands of customers renew via autopay without issue year after year. I only mention pre-paying as that is what some people do. The mention of vouchers is simply to get reactivated faster.

@ndnk78 wrote:

I followed your advice, contact moderator and problem solved. I was able to re-register the same CC. Phone works again after 10h headache. Still don't understand what happened.

Thanks for all you guys' help, especially the moderator.

@Anonymous....as you know..".failed Autopay" is one of the more common problems that sometimes occur. It would be nice to know what causes it and how to avoid it other than the manual prepay work-around. Most times, the problem is user error...but other times seems like just a random fail event that causes plan to Suspend. Wish there was an explanation or evident cause to mull over.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ndnk78 wrote:

I followed your advice, contact moderator and problem solved. I was able to re-register the same CC. Phone works again after 10h headache. Still don't understand what happened.

Glad to hear. If it happens again you can get a voucher from a store or online to pay. Some also pay early with their pre-registered card. Think of it as like just another bill to pay by a due date (except this one floats up the month over time). At least then your services would get working sooner than 10 hours. But for the most part it should just work. Hope it just works for you again.

ndnk78

ndnk78

I suspected some programmers tweaking the softwares for improving or for worse.

We had issues before like no in/out calls in Quebec...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ndnk78 

Always remember we see all the complaints here. But many tens of thousands of people continue with their lives without a second thought as to their service. Like you. Then yes "boomed". Life happens. Yes it should be fixed. Yes it should be bulletproof. Alas.

ndnk78

This post shows a similar issue like mine:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/on-auto-pay-and-service-just-...

I don't know how many people in "few people" in your context.

It works fine thru the year, suddenly "boomed"!

There are bugs lurking in their apps they must be fixed.

Calls are important, that's why we pay for the service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ndnk78 wrote:

I hope a moderator will register CC# for me. Sick and tired of doing it (3 - 4 times already).

Please PM, people pay for a reliable working service, fix the bug asap.

But it HAS been reliable for you. Up 'til now. Technology happens. I agree that the autopay should be bulletproof. But here we are...with a few customers that sometimes have a problem.

ndnk78

I hope a moderator will register CC# for me. Sick and tired of doing it (3 - 4 times already).

Please PM, people pay for a reliable working service, fix the bug asap.

@ndnk78  it's a known issue and hopefully Public will fix it one day. Is not your fault everything you did was correct. The only explanation at this point is that when you try too many times a security lock gets triggered and must be reset by PM before your card can be entered again.

@ndnk78 yes this happens alot..

if you still can't add the card contact customer support here

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

ndnk78

No, I was not able to register the card. I have the exact steps as shown in your photos.

PM charges this cc for years without issue until today. I've checked cc's credit available which more than enough. Do anybody have same issue like mine?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@ndnk78 if you were able to re-register your card. make a manual payment and choose "other(enter desired amount)" once you have "available funds" click the reactivate button

payment type1-01.jpeg

Screenshot_20200418-193411-01.jpeg

@ndnk78 wrote:

Hello,

Following your advices, I had done:

I clear browser's history, log in PM account and re enter cc#...did not accept payment.

I *611 and follow payment by cc option. I was guided to go back to self-serve account and enter the pre-auth cc#. I think I should not delete the cc#.

I chatted with Simon and file a ticket...sent it and realised dest. server is in BC. I'm in QC, will it have any effect? They say response is within 48h. How many calls will I loose. Thanks PM.

I think of the next step is going out and buy a voucher at gas station...but then I'll loose autopay reward.

The moderator response times vary depending on their current workloads. They could get back to you momentarily or in several hours.

My suggestion is to get a payment voucher...but ask to make sure the voucher is "activated" right away.

Plan B...you can try on-line payment option, like recharge.com or ding.com. They do charge a small user fee though.

ndnk78

Hello,

Following your advices, I had done:

I clear browser's history, log in PM account and re enter cc#...did not accept payment.

I *611 and follow payment by cc option. I was guided to go back to self-serve account and enter the pre-auth cc#. I think I should not delete the cc#.

I chatted with Simon and file a ticket...sent it and realised dest. server is in BC. I'm in QC, will it have any effect? They say response is within 48h. How many calls will I loose. Thanks PM.

I think of the next step is going out and buy a voucher at gas station...but then I'll loose autopay reward.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@ndnk78 Unfortunately, Autopay fails time to time. When you re-link your card with your self-service account, please make a manual payment to cover your monthly plan + 1$ extra. After that, restart your phone.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@ndnk78 your credit card may be locked from too many attempts. Wait 1 hour from last attempt,  clear your browser history, go to private/ incognito mode and try again to add it.  When entering your credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space). 

If this doesn't work contact the moderators and ask them to to add it for you and  to apply payment and reactvate your self service account for you.  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  Stay safe. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@ndnk78 wrote:

hello,
i've used this cc Visa to autopay PM for years. The current card exp. in 2023 and have plenty of credit available.
Suddenly today Jun/12/2020, my account is suspended because it said PM can't widraw money from cc.
I've logged in my account, deleted current visa cc and reenter it (since i have only one cc), without succeed in reactivate PM account.
What give? Please help.

It sounds like you either have to clear your browser history cache cookies etc. And go into incognito mode and retry. Or you need to contact the moderators as this sounds like an account issue, stating the obvious lol.

Contact them here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Try again in incognito mode don't use apartment or space in postal code

Ifyou think your Visa was flagged by the system contact moderators https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

If you must restart your service before they reply you can get voucher recharge.com or gas stations

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@ndnk78 hi dial *611 and see if you can pay with your cc there

Need Help? Let's chat.