cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account set up

sue3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have had my phone on public mobile for months but have not tried to do the online account set up until now, as I need to upgrade my plan. When I tried to do the account set up I am not getting the verification text

15 REPLIES 15

@sue3 et al. Had exactly this situation activating an account for my granddaughter. Only cure is contacting the moderators. 

Suspect, but don’t know definitively, that my case may have been related to using a Koodo post paid account email address. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@sue3, I've merged these 3 threads together so that it's easier for everyone to communicate with you.  I'm sure that either community members or moderators will be able to help.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

thankyou for taking the the time to correct me I guess I failed the mindreading course when I went to school

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Triguyand @geopublic   since @sue3  said she is not receiving the verification sms I would assume she is already at the account set up page and has entered her tel number.  she is simply not receiving the code to her number

@RossN  this is incorrect instore activations require users to create an account by enering their tel number and receiving a code via sms.

@sue3 wrote:

I am not getting a verification text to get my account set up

If nothing help You can reach the moderator to let them know your problem here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437. 

popping

@sue3 wrote:

how do I reach out to a moderator?

Click the following link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If it is not account related issues, we can help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sue3 wrote:

Your threads should get merged but  @Moderator_Team < Click this.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

hi if you ve had your phone for months you already have your account you just need the email you set the account with and your password did you save the email when you or the store originally signed you up?

sue3

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@sue3 wrote:

I have had my phone on public mobile for months but have not tried to do the online account set up until now, as I need to upgrade my plan. When I tried to do the account set up I am not getting the verification text

@sue3  How long have you been waiting? Click here to register your selfserve account.

mimmo

@sue3  some dumb questions:

1) you receive other sms

2) evenything else on your plan works

if teh answere to these is yes then  you would need to reach out to moderator_team via private message. I would include your sim number, tel number, approximate date of activation and current plan as deatils to verify you.  explain teh situation and see what they suggest.

popping

@sue3 wrote:

Make sure that you phone is showing "Public Mobile" at the notification bar.

Try the self-serve account creation again.

If you are in the process of porting your old number to PM, use your old SIM card to receive your text message or wait until your number port is complete.

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you just setup the porting of your number, it can take a few hours. 

You can continue using your old SIM card until that happens.

sue3

Need Help? Let's chat.