cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account number

SaraG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to set up a new password,

how can I sign in without having text to receive a verification?

9 REPLIES 9

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SaraG wrote:

contact the moderators directly through private message here 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@SaraG do you still need help? Or did you use the link above to contact the moderators?  Stay safe. 

SaraG

I forgot my password and my plan has no text to receive a verification code.

@SaraG wrote:

No,

the problem is that my plan has talk only and NO TEXT

@SaraG Send a private message to the moderators here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437, but this alternative method may have longer response time.

Once you regain access to your account, I suggest you look more closely at the current plans. I suspect you are paying about $25/30 days. The current $25 plan is unlimited Canada wide calling and world wide texting; PLUS you would be eligible for rewards, which in your case should be around $6/month including autopay. The $15 plan with $5 500 minute add-on would likely suffice as well and be $10 cheaper.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@SaraG wrote:

It is not clear whether you forgot your pw or you need to change your exisiting pw. If you need to change your pw then you can do this in self service.

pw.jpg

BearFBI

@SaraG You must be on a Grandfathered plan that dosent include text. What plan are you on. You should be able to receive Txt Messages. Especially if they are from Public Mobile. Have you tried the reset? Does it do anything?

SaraG

No,

the problem is that my plan has talk only and NO TEXT

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@SaraG wrote:

Have you tried a password reset?  If that isn't working for you then send a message to moderators via  SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

The email from moderators will have two hour window so make sure to check all your messages often, otherwise you will need another password reset request.

BearFBI

@SaraG Ok let me clarify things here. So you are an existing PM customer that needs to rest their password. Now during the password reset it sent you a text verification. But you never received it right? If thats the case then try the reset again. Or are you on a old limited text plan and you ran out of text for the month. If you did you still should be able to receive text messages. Especially if its from Public Mobile themselves.

Need Help? Let's chat.