cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account charged no service.

kienna
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My account was set up and charged yesterday. I know my old phone number has successfully been transfered because I lost service on my old phone a few hours after setting up my account, however, I still don't have service on my new phone. I have checked my setting on my phone and it recognizes the sim, the APN is tethereded to isp.mb.com... not sure what else I should do?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CapNobilio wrote:

How do we solve this?

Contact the moderators as already mentioned and linked.

CapNobilio
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do we solve this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CapNobilio 

When porting out, the account should have closed all business to do with you. The admonishment goes to PM for not doing so fully.

So as above...

@CapNobilio wrote:

Hello, I changed to another mobile company almost a month ago and I realize that you charge me like I’m still using your service but I’m not. Please, solve this situation, thank you.

@CapNobilio  When you ported out your number you should have removed your credit card and AutoPay. If you are still getting charged you need to notify PM to remove that info from their system. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@CapNobilio 

Since you transferred out of PM, you do not have access to your self service account.  You will need to contact moderator for help.  Expect 1-2 day wait minimum.

Ideally, you should have removed credit card information from your account prior to porting out of PM.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

CapNobilio
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I changed to another mobile company almost a month ago and I realize that you charge me like I’m still using your service but I’m not. Please, solve this situation, thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Louis1993 wrote:

So I paid my account and it says that I have a plan on my account when login online but it wont let me call or receive call or text when I make a can says I have no add on and it says I do on my account online like I need my phone working this so upsetting please help

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Louis1993

So I paid my account and it says that I have a plan on my account when login online but it wont let me call or receive call or text when I make a can says I have no add on and it says I do on my account online like I need my phone working this so upsetting please help

@kienna wrote:

The account status is acive and yet there is no signal at all. 

Any other ideas?

Is your phone unlocked and compatible with Public Mobile?

Can you check your sim in another unlocked phone?

kienna

The account status is acive and yet there is no signal at all. 

Any other ideas?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kienna wrote:

My account was set up and charged yesterday. I know my old phone number has successfully been transfered because I lost service on my old phone a few hours after setting up my account, however, I still don't have service on my new phone. I have checked my setting on my phone and it recognizes the sim, the APN is tethereded to isp.mb.com... not sure what else I should do?

You phone may not support the frequency used by PM.

Which phone do you have?

Did you restart your phone after inserted your new PM SIM card?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@kienna wrote:

What type of phone are you using?  As well your APN should be sp.mb.com not isp

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@kienna Check your account status by logging in here. Are you getting any signal? If yes, what services are not working? 

Need Help? Let's chat.