Did you mean: 

aactivation

annabean
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

haviing trouble activating my sim with old number

20 REPLIES 20

@annabean wrote:

activated new sim want old public mobile number

@annabean, in one message to me, you said that you only wanted to attach a new sim card to your existing Public Mobile account.  Yet, in another message, you said to me that you wanted to changed your phone number.  In this message thread, I am reading discussion about number porting.  Can you clarify what you're trying to get done?  Thanks.

Annabean, I have moved all your message posts into one message thread so that others can try to help figure this out for you.

MilanJ
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did you already get a new number from public mobile? If you haven't you can do that during setup. If you have I don't belive you can change it easily.

@annabean wrote:

@annabean  What happened to your old Public Mobile sim card?

@annabean Hi I don't believe thats possible someone else probably has it by now when did you have that old number?

annabean

annabean

change number to old public number 

@annabeanIf you just want to change SIM it is also easy just to go your selfserve and type in your new Public Mobile SIM card.HOW TO CHANGE YOUR SIM CARD #HOW TO CHANGE YOUR SIM CARD #

annabean

change sim not number

@Anonymous wrote:

@annabean wrote:

Maybe @stonechucker could move this up to the main forum area.

@annabean: Which step of the process are you having problems at? Which provider are you trying to transfer from?

Post moved to increase visibility.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@annabean wrote:

@annabean: Which step of the process are you having problems at? Which provider are you trying to transfer from?

ok, but I just had trouble with porting from TELUS and that's the first thing the call center agent checked. It was not the case for me but I assumed it was an issue for some. Perhaps they were making sure my account was in good standing and not that there was a few bucks that needed to be settled up.

helpontheway
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, please make sure you're using SIM activation page found here: https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

You should be prompted after punching in the SIM card #.

Prepaid accounts require funds to be loaded at time of activation

@annabean wrote:

having trouble with activation with sim using old number but it says need to make payment first

@ChuckYeah 

Usually balance does not prevent port unless it is a delinquent account

They* send you final bill after you port out

*edit for clarity - They means OTHER carriers, Public is prepay so not possible to have an outstanding balance due

Just an observation, is it possible there's an outstanding balance on your old account? Because you can't port your number if you have a balance on your old account. Might that be what the error is saying?

Are your trying to Transfer (port)  a phone# from another provider ?

Here is more info about porting.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@annabean  what exact issues are you having?  PMis a prepaid service so it will ask for funds up front.

allso don'tforget to use a friends number as a referal to get a 10$ post activation credit.

@annabeanAre you trying to activate a SIM card and keep your old number ie porting? If so it is advisable to activate your SIM with a temporary number.. then port the number after everything is working. That way you will be able to call / text out and have data while the porting process is going on. Do note, during the process your old account with your other provider has to be active.

annabean

having trouble with activation with sim using old number but it says need to make payment first

Need Help? Let's chat.