cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero Service

WhatHaveIDone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up, paid up, and SIMed up a couple of days ago, and I am getting nothing in return. My phone thinks it's New Year's Day and I have no phone or text connections. Please tell me that I haven't made a mistake and shouldn't go running back to my old phone company. What should I do?

72 REPLIES 72

WhatHaveIDone

The phone has always worked and the SIM is brand new.

I get nada.

Yup.

Called previous provider and both guys said my phone is unlocked.

My status is active.

@WhatHaveIDone 

If you phone is locked please contact the previous provider or the phone manufacturer. They both must help you unlock it free of charge

So, it,sounds like your port is complete. Have you tried adding the $1 to kickstart your service? Try it and restart your phone. 

@WhatHaveIDone wrote:

Yes, I ported. No, I haven't cancelled my old plan yet.I have an account and now the old SIM is kaput. Thanks.

What phone do you have?

If the is sim stop working that means there port is complete.

@WhatHaveIDone can you please visit the closest Telus or Koodo store or public mobile stands and ask them to lend u phone for testing.

What kind of phone do you have

So autopay is setup that would be the $2.  What type of phone are you using is it compatible with PM's network

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

WhatHaveIDone

Yes, I ported. No, I haven't cancelled my old plan yet.I have an account and now the old SIM is kaput. Thanks.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @WhatHaveIDone 

Did it ever work? 

Do you get incoming/outgoing calls texts or data at all?

Did you port?

Did you try your sim in different phone? Though phone is unlocked when purchased ort may have locked itself to the previous provider.

You can walk into Koodo or Telus store and ask to test the sim for you if you can't get it from a friend.

What happens when you login to your selfserve https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ what is your status?

WhatHaveIDone

Thanks. There's a $2 balance already and I've tried the autobot to no avail.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@WhatHaveIDone wrote:

I signed up, paid up, and SIMed up a couple of days ago, and I am getting nothing in return. My phone thinks it's New Year's Day and I have no phone or text connections. Please tell me that I haven't made a mistake and shouldn't go running back to my old phone company. What should I do?

What type of phone do you have?  Have you checked in your self serve to see if it says your account is active?  Who was your previous provider and did you port a number over?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@WhatHaveIDone  I think you need to provide more detail.....

Did you port a number from your old phone company?

Did you cancel your old phone company's plan/account before attempting a number port?

Did you manage to create an online account?

Does the SIM from your old company still work?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@WhatHaveIDone  have you inserted your sim into another phone? When I set up my Samsung j1 2016, I had to put the PM SIM in my phone in the reverse direction to how the previous Bell SIM was inserted.

Try adding $1 to your self service  / my account to see if it kick starts your service. If it doesn't  work contact a moderator and explain your situation. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@WhatHaveIDone wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.