cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 5Q

Lattelad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Will my Zenfone 5Q work on the Public Mobile network?  It has a dual sim card slot (one is already taken up with my US, Roam Mobility sim) and I would like to do prepaid in Canada.

17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SL29 wrote:

Having issues getting data to work on the 5Q....have already edited and configured settings, still no luck....have been waiting since Tues to hear from moderator team, thanks 

@SL29 : Maybe post screen shots of your APN settings. Another set of eyes might spot something amiss.

And whichever network you're using ie. LTE, 4G, 3G, HSDPA etc.

SL29

Having issues getting data to work on the 5Q....have already edited and configured settings, still no luck....have been waiting since Tues to hear from moderator team, thanks 

viraj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good to hear that. Nice job...!

chinee899

Your replied is excellent.  After turn off the bluetooth, I have access to my Sim2 setting now, can setup APN, and access to APN, I was fine on January and problem happened on earlier of April where I couldnt access to APN anymore , luckily i did not change my sim card. 

Thanks for the help!

jgallant11

i will try it when i get home from work figers crossed thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wetcoaster wrote:

@viraj wrote:

I tried it on android 9.0, it works perfectly.

If someone with Asus Zenfone 5Q needs to try, let me know. We can help.

Thanks

Unless I missed something recently, the problem with the inability to add or change APN profiles is Android 8.1 specific and, from what I understand, is not present in 9.0.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please.

I'm not correctin' nuttin. 🙂

viraj: While you're being helpful for those with Android phones and 9 in particular...wetcoaster has the clarity of the issue.

I'll use his hedge words - "from what I understand".

viraj

Yes, I know its very tricky.  It works properly in Android 9.0.

I found that turn ON your Bluetooth for a while. Before that you should turn OFF wifi and Data. Then go to APN names, hold your finger few secs on top of any APN, then slide Right to Left. Then it will open and you have the ability to edit APN and save.

It tested and worked for me.

It doesn't let you edit APNs in your first try, you need to try few times.

It worked for me.

viraj

Yes, I know its very tricky.  It works properly in Android 9.0.

I found that turn ON your Bluetooth for a while. Before that you should turn OFF wifi and Data. Then go to APN names, hold your finger few secs on top of any APN, then slide Right to Left. Then it will open and you have the ability to edit APN and save.

It tested and worked for me.

It doesn't let you edit APNs in your first try, you need to try few times.

It worked for me.

@viraj wrote:

Thanks

Unless I missed something recently, the problem with the inability to add or change APN profiles is Android 8.1 specific and, from what I understand, is not present in 9.0.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please.

viraj

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viraj wrote:

Yes, it works properly in Android 8.1 as well. No need to change SIMs. I found that turn ON your Bluetooth for while. Before that you should turn OFF wifi and Data. Then go to APN names, hold your finger few secs on top of any APN, then slide Right to Left. Then it will open and you have the ability to edit APN and save. It tested and worked for me.

"hold your finger few secs on top of any APN, then slide Right to Left"...isn't that just the same as touching it to edit?

So wifi/cell data off, bluetooth on will let you edit an existing APN on Android 8.1.

If this is a working procedure then many people will be delighted. I'm a little skeptical until we get some corroboration.

viraj

Yes, it works properly in Android 8.1 as well. No need to change SIMs. I found that turn ON your Bluetooth for while. Before that you should turn OFF wifi and Data. Then go to APN names, hold your finger few secs on top of any APN, then slide Right to Left. Then it will open and you have the ability to edit APN and save. It tested and worked for me.

@viraj wrote:

I have the same phone (Asus Zenfone 5Q - ZC600KL) and using Public Mobile Voice and Data service without an issue.

It's little tricky to set/modify APN settings.

I will publish a full article about that, you can refer it.

Good Luck..!

Was running Android 8.1?  They probably blocked edit and add APN.  Trick is to use Freedom sim, add new APN and the  put back Public sim.

viraj

I have the same phone (Asus Zenfone 5Q - ZC600KL) and using Public Mobile Voice and Data service without an issue.

It's little tricky to set/modify APN settings.

I will publish a full article about that, you can refer it.

Good Luck..!

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am too lazy to check, but some dual SIM phones will only work on one specific SIM slot, so it the phone does not work, place the SIM card on the other SIM slot. 

Based on the specs here: https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Phone/ZenFone-5Q-ZC600KL/Tech-Specs/

It will work fine. Hopefully you have the C version.

Slot 1: 3G/4G Nano SIM card

Slot 2: 3G/4G Nano SIM card

Both SIM card slots support 3G WCDMA / 4G LTE network band. But only one SIM card can connect to 3G WCDMA / 4G LTE service at a time.

C version

FDD-LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 28)

WCDMA (Bands 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 😎

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Lattelad wrote:

Will my Zenfone 5Q work on the Public Mobile network?  It has a dual sim card slot (one is already taken up with my US, Roam Mobility sim) and I would like to do prepaid in Canada.

@Lattelad  Yes it will work without any issues.

Need Help? Let's chat.