cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZIP code does not match billing address

iskrazaf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I keep getting the "ZIP code does not match billing address" error when I try to order a SIM card. Even though all of my details are correct! This is so frustrating and it's charged my account anyway as well!

8 REPLIES 8

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@BKNS27 wrote:

@iskrazaf I am assuming you are in the USA because when you purchase online from PM, it ask for Postal Code not Zip Code.

In addition, there are no Telus cell towers in the USA.

The software was probably made orginally for a U.S. company or made by one.  Public Mobile only ships SIM cards to Canadian addressses but when billing address doesn't match, the error does say ZIP code.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@iskrazaf I am assuming you are in the USA because when you purchase online from PM, it ask for Postal Code not Zip Code.

In addition, there are no Telus cell towers in the USA.

kushalmehta158
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did the charge reverse eventually? I also got charged for the same - error zip code does not match billing address

liangc1020
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I used to have the same issue as you have. 

anyway, the simplest way is to use Paypal instead of credit card payment, you won't end up encountering any error messages afterwise, believe me. 

@iskrazaf You skip the whole address verification part of ordering a SIM card if if you pay using Paypal. It will be then up to Paypal to check the validity of your credit card.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@iskrazaf on another note it would be much faster if you went to a London drugs (if you have in your area) or to a Walmart and picked up a sim card. Then you would be able to activate today and not wait for one to be shipped to you.

When you do get your sim don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 signup bonus.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @iskrazaf ,

Are you ordering a SIM card...Just make sure you are shipping to a Canadian address.

We provide a triple punch SIM card that will fit into almost any phone you choose. Determine your phone’s SIM card size by checking the SIM tray, and remove the parts of the SIM card that you don’t need.When purchasing a SIM card, you can choose to do so online or at one of our retail partners. For a list of retail partners, see here under Step 2.If you are purchasing a SIM card online, here is what you should know:

• The price is $10 per SIM card, and this purchase is non-refundable.
  • We ship SIM cards within Canada only, and there is no shipping charge.
  • Allow 3-7 business days for your SIM to arrive in the mail.
  • At this time, we do not provide a tracking number for SIM cards. If you haven’t received your SIM card after 7 business days, please start a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon, to submit a ticket to the Moderator Team by clicking here.
  • Note that you will need a Community account to contact Moderators. If you don’t have a Community account, and want to make one, click here.
  • Your plan’s price is determined based on the day that you activate your SIM card, meaning that we cannot guarantee that you can take advantage of pricing offers available when you order your SIM card. For time-sensitive promotions, we recommend purchasing your SIM card at a retail partner to ensure there is minimal delay between purchasing and activating the SIM card.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

If you already been charged don't try again as then you may get an additional charge.

Send a private message to moderators they work for public mobile and will investigate for you and confirm your order.

Click this link to message them

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

They will right back to you on these forums. In your private inbox. The envelope top rightish.

Need Help? Let's chat.