cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your sim does not allow connection to this Network

arkhan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
It looks like my port in was completed but when I insert PM sim in my unlocked phone, it will not connect to the network.
Always getting this error "Your sim does not allow connection to this Network"

Can someone from PM please help?
13 REPLIES 13

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@arkhan

I sent a ticket, please try power cycling your phone in about 1-2 hours. 

Ticket #:7204137

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

arkhan
@Shazia_K

Yes, the last 4 digits are 0647.
Please let me know once it is fixed.
Appreciate your help.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@arkhan

I took a look at your account and I see that the issue is on our end, your SIM card seems to be inactive for some reason? 

Please don't swap sim cards***  I will send a ticket to our support team and usually this kind of issue is resolved within an hour or two. 

Can you just confirm that the 4 last digit of your current SIM card are 0647

Please confirm asap so I can proceed to the next step 😉

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

arkhan

disregard.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@arkhan yep sounds to be the most likely scenario, since you get the same result in a second phone.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

arkhan
Now I have tried sim in another unlocked phone but same error.

You are right, it might be because of a damaged sim.

Luckily, I have another sim for swap.....but waiting for the PM rep to reply to my private message.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Indeed.  The only other thing I can think of to try is removing-reinserting the sim a couple times.

monster5000

Based on what I'm reading online,and given everything else you've tried, it's possible that you have a damaged sim card and might need to get a replacment. 

arkhan
Yes, under Network operators, I can see Public Mobile LTE and Public Mobile WCDMA buy when I try to connect to any of those, I get the same error.

WearySky

Please be patient with the PM reps - they have tons of requests coming in right now due to the huge influx of new users with the promo.  

If you go to Cellular Networks->Network Operators in your settings, is it showing that you're trying to connect to the right network?

arkhan
I am using Motorola X pure and switched from Koodo to PM.
I guess PM also use same band as Koodo, therefore it should not be an issue.

Yes, I am inserting sim facing right direction.
Also, I have sent messages to two PM reps. and still waiting for a reply.

monster5000

Is your sim card in the right way? Make sure it's facing the right direction, as apparently that's a common occurrence. 

If not, do you mind telling us what type of phone you have? If you have an android, go to your mobile settings, and try changing the network mode/type to something else, like WCDMA/GSM preferred, and see if that makes a difference. 

If not, it's possible that your phone doesn't support the bands that Telus uses it, but that's highly unlikely, unless you're using some really uncommon phone. 

jheili99

hi

it would be of great help knowing, which phone you use... it might not be compatible with the Telus network ........

Need Help? Let's chat.