cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another invalid sim post

AlmostGone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Really, is Public Mobile just in the business of selling SIM cards?

I'm about to consider mine a $10 loss and find a provider that works.

My story is like a lot of the others. I was activating. Everything was working. My (perfectly ok, I don't even carry a balance) credit card was rejected. I think it might have either timed out, or not liked the form of my address or something. Ever since, I get "Invalid SIM" when I try to activate.  Before you ask, I have tried everything suggested in all the other threads about invalid sims.

Hours of my life ain't worth whatever savings I would get from this service.

If not settled soon, I'm outta here.

10 REPLIES 10

There are lockouts on multiple failed attempts.

Please allow for an hour between your last, and next attempt to register.

AlmostGone

Yup - thanks - working on it - 🙂

AlmostGone

Thanks - have sent a message - we'll see what happens.

@AlmostGone time to contact a mod  link

@AlmostGone wrote:

24 hours. Multiple machines. Incognito. Different browsers. When I said I tried everything I tried everything.

@AlmostGone  Hopefully you have contacted the moderator team. Just give them the sim number and they should be able to complete the activation.

AlmostGone

24 hours. Multiple machines. Incognito. Different browsers. When I said I tried everything I tried everything.

AlmostGone

Like I said, I did everything mentioned in all the other invalid sim posts. No my account is not activated.

funpig
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Where do you live?  Try a PM kiosk.  They were helpful to me and the sim card was free.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@AlmostGone wrote:

Really, is Public Mobile just in the business of selling SIM cards?

I'm about to consider mine a $10 loss and find a provider that works.

My story is like a lot of the others. I was activating. Everything was working. My (perfectly ok, I don't even carry a balance) credit card was rejected. I think it might have either timed out, or not liked the form of my address or something. Ever since, I get "Invalid SIM" when I try to activate.  Before you ask, I have tried everything suggested in all the other threads about invalid sims.

Hours of my life ain't worth whatever savings I would get from this service.

If not settled soon, I'm outta here.

@AlmostGone  The invalid sim message is because the system hasn't released the activation lock. If you try your browser in private or incognito mode after waiting an hour it will allow you to complete the activation. Also as mentioned check the sim in your phone to test if the activation was completed.

Note: When entering your cc info for postal code do not enter any spaces. Also do not use the unit number field even if you live in an apartment or condo and use a desktop browser if you can.

If you are still having issues with your payment card you can contact PM for help. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Hope this helps!

RossN
Mayor / Maire

AlmostGonee  did you check to see if your account activated ? sometimes in the final step after your cc gets rejected every thing works and your cc is charged

Need Help? Let's chat.