cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong usage is displaying

ntulashyam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HI,

I have always noticed that my online account always displays wrong usage, my Account was reharged on 2nd May 12 AM and its showing 5 minutes of usage , it seems wrong. 

Can you guys suggest what shoudl I do? I am not happy with Public mobile and ther is no customer are to raise my concern.

In past, I had recharged for unlimited canada wide talk and even after that unlimited facility on my call , I was not able to dial seevral long distance calls within Canada.

So I feel your system is not transparent. 

43 REPLIES 43

ntulashyam

@CS_Agent  Hi Moderator team, can you please let me know how to start a new article as when ever I click on Stat Article link I get a message "The page you are trying to access was not found. Please check your URL for typos and try again."

have you guys blocked me for posting new issues becasue I am questioning the usgae? 

I want to know why I am not able to dial Toronto numbers and few Halifax numbers which start from 782 -- , I think my plan has 100 minutes of Canada wide talk . can you please confirm and if you cannot provide any solution than also please let me know. 

Because, I didnt get any answer from my last message to moderator teams too..

ntulashyam

Thanks for the reply, I checked usage for few days just to make sure that its correct as I felt that usage shown are not correct and thanks for suggesting to change the plan, I wll chnage when I need this. and does it mean that everyone needs to switch plan if they questions about  the usage?

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ntulashyam wrote:

Thanks, and is this the way all mobile operators work in Canada?

I am from India and in India time starts only when someone picks your call. I think this is another advantage to the operator in Canada where mobile phone rates are already very high 😞 

Indian Calling Plans/Rates were nothing to Brag about until 2016. Before 2016 all people did was place missed call to the Person they want to talk to and then hope he or she has enough Prepaid Balance to call you back on your Free incoming calling plan. That is of course no longer the case thanks to a 4G Provider called Jio because of them other oligopoly (which was similar to Robellus) had to compete thus lowering the rates to dirt cheap. 

@ntulashyam wrote:

I am from India and in India time starts only when someone picks your call. I think this is another advantage to the operator in Canada where mobile phone rates are already very high 😞 

Depending on how many calls you make/receive and how long you usually spend on phone calls, you may wish to consider a plan with unlimited calls, especially if you find yourself checking usage often.

@ntulashyam, most likely, but you'll need to read the Terms of Service (available at the bottom of this page) and the Plan details of each plan advertised.

Each provider has its own Terms of Service, and what their plans are.  Good luck finding anything as you have in India.  We're the 3rd world here for Celluar communications.

ntulashyam

@ntulashyam wrote:

Can anyone please explain when 1 minutres 3 seconds were charged for a 42 seconds call?I have sent this screenshot to the moderator on last Tuesday but didnt get any reply yet. 

I have also noticed outging calls to voicemail number even though I never dial voicemail number, and I have observed that If someone calls me and I don't answer the call my call records (in my usage in online account ) shows 4-5 seconds of outgoing calls to voicemail number.

That 1 minute and 3 second call will get billed as 2 minutes. Any partial minutes are rounded up.  Your phone's call timer will never match that of the carrier.  The carrier uncludes the ring time while the phone doesn't.

The voicemail entries aren't outgoing calls.  They represent calls from other people reaching your voicemail.  It does not affect your minutes usage.

ntulashyam

@CS_Agent I have concerns and I alwas noticed that minutes are getting deducted wrongly. 

Can anyone please explain when 1 minutres 3 seconds were charged for a 42 seconds call?I have sent this screenshot to the moderator on last Tuesday but didnt get any reply yet. 

I have also noticed outging calls to voicemail number even though I never dial voicemail number, and I have observed that If someone calls me and I don't answer the call my call records (in my usage in online account ) shows 4-5 seconds of outgoing calls to voicemail number.

I hope to get a satisafactory reply soon.

Thanks

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@ntulashyamFrom your screen shots they don't indicate anything of that would prove or disprove it is operator error or Public Mobile error.. . other than you only have unlimited incoming calls (and the incoming calls line items are already $0).. so only outgoing calls will be be counted against your 100 minutes... those are the usage you want to capture in your screen shots.

@ntulashyam wrote:

HI,

I have always noticed that my online account always displays wrong usage, my Account was reharged on 2nd May 12 AM and its showing 5 minutes of usage , it seems wrong. 

Can you guys suggest what shoudl I do? I am not happy with Public mobile and ther is no customer are to raise my concern.

In past, I had recharged for unlimited canada wide talk and even after that unlimited facility on my call , I was not able to dial seevral long distance calls within Canada.

So I feel your system is not transparent. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ntulashyam wrote:

Ok. So that shows you're on the current $15 plan.

But maybe a snip of your overview page lower down would be helpful. Blank out personal info of course that you didn't do on these two images.

ntulashyam

Images removed by stonechucker as they contained telephone numbers, including the subscriber's personal number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ntulashyam wrote:

I haev checked in my usage that minutes are getting deducted for Incoming calls and I have raised the issuse with the Moderator and waiting for the reply.

All phone activity will show up in the usage details. It's the overview counters that matter. Maybe post a screen snip of your Data & Add-ons area. Blank out personal info of course.

ntulashyam

I haev checked in my usage that minutes are getting deducted for Incoming calls and I have raised the issuse with the Moderator and waiting for the reply.

Then it shouldn't be logging on your overview page.  On the usage page, it will just display the incoming and outgoing phone numbers.

Outgoing will display a charge (I think...I'm on fully unlimited) in minutes (rounded up) also.

ntulashyam

I have changed it and my current plan shows that incoming are free

@ntulashyam, it sounds like you're still on the OLD $15 plan, or the $10 plan if minutes incoming are being used.

Schedule a future-dated (or immediate) plan now to the current $15 plan.

ntulashyam

Hi,

No these no is not calling me. 

If I get a call from my friends/family then also my minutes are reduced.

What number is calling you?  Does it end in 4001, or 4002, (or 03, 04)?

If yes, this is your voicemail - and voicemail doesn't count on incoming calls.  If would count on your outgoing, however.

ntulashyam

Thanks

@ntulashyamNope all you can do is wait, could take them up to 48 hours to get back to you.

There is no phone# to contact them for support.

• If you don’t need to share personal or account information, just tag @Moderator_Team to your thread and they’ll show up. Just like that.
  • If you need to share personal or account info, send a private message to the Moderator Team by clicking the envelope icon, then ‘New Message’, and address your message to Moderator_Team.

ntulashyam

I I have sent a mail to them and waiting for the reply. any other way to contact them?

ntulashyam

Thanks for the reply.

I have updated it to current plan and my current plan has unlimited incoming calls, even though my minutes are deducted.

Is there any way I can contact Public mobile? I dont see any customer care number and its really frustating. or is ther any email id to escalate?

@ntulashyam, what specific plan are you on now?  Incoming calls are deducted on the $10 plan, but not on the current $15 plan.  If you're on the old $15 plan (start of May), you will have incoming calls reduce your number of available calls.

You may still need to update to the current $15 plan.

Contact a moderator for assistance.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ntulashyam

I have checked it today again and even for incoming calls are getting deducted from my minutes however, incoming calls are free in my current plan.

So my observation was right and is right that there is serious issue in the way you public mobile is deducting minutes, I wan to know  the exact call details for which my minutes are getting deducted

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@ntulashyam wrote:

Yes, I made a mistake. Can I delete this picture now?

Yes, in that post, click the three dots to the top right of your post, then click 'Edit Reply', then remove the picture.

@ntulashyam 

And then go into your profile and remove it from there too.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ntulashyam wrote:

Yes, I made a mistake. Can I delete this picture now?

Yes, in that post, click the three dots to the top right of your post, then click 'Edit Reply', then remove the picture.

@ntulashyam wrote:

Hi,

Can't I change my plan now? I didnt knpow that there is any unlimited incoming call plans, it is the same prive but I think in my plan there is no unlimited imcoming calls.

is there any way to change it now? I tried but its asking for %15+tax again .

Thanks

@ntulashyamThat's a fairly new plan that was recently announced. The best way to do it to login into your selfserve account and see if you can schedule a plan change to take effect on your next renewal. If it allows you to select it it means that you are currently on the $15 plan without the unlimited incoming minutes.

Need Help? Let's chat.