cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Sim Type

StevieD44
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  1. I am new to Public Mobile. I just received my iPhone 7 and my new PM SIM card in the mail. However, the iPhone 7 uses a nano SIM card and I ordered a regular SIM card. What do I have to do? Will I incur extra costs?
11 REPLIES 11

Yeah i have successfully cut several full size SIM cards down to micro size.

@AE_Collector 

The SIM itself - electrical interface and embedded circuitry - was technically always the same size. Surrounded by a variety of oversized form factor plastic packages for "convenience".

I always find it amusing that SIM cards got smaller and smaller just as phones started getting bigger and bigger. Not really any need for The microscopic size of something that has to be handled occasionally. But I guess manufacturers want to save space in phones wherever they can.

AE_Collector

xiaogegeying
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

3 in 1 sim card type, Can't be wrong. lol.

You can save the unused plastic spacers, "just in case" you ever need them to make any smalller-sized-SIM card fit into any larger-sized-SIM device. They're universal, don't even have to be Public Mobile. They can be purchased for about a little more than the usual price of a SIM card, lol, it can be a hassle to back and forth between new and old devices.

Or you can just throw them away.

@StevieD44 

The easy fixes are the best fixes!

AE_Collector

StevieD44
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks so much everyone! Although I feel like an idiot now because it was such an easy fix, I really appreciate all the help!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@StevieD44 wrote:
  1. I am new to Public Mobile. I just received my iPhone 7 and my new PM SIM card in the mail. However, the iPhone 7 uses a nano SIM card and I ordered a regular SIM card. What do I have to do? Will I incur extra costs?

@StevieD44  No worries it's a tri-punch card:

tp.png

@Anonymous has given you great instructions here is a picture.

The blue arrow is the large sim, the pink is a smaller sim and the orange is the nano it should snap out. 

Screenshot_20200604_170019.jpg

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Punch it down @StevieD44  to the nano card. Welcome to PM. Stay safe. 

Public_Mobile_-_Knowledge_Base_Articles_Overhaul_DESIGN-Image-1_C_Aug7.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@StevieD44 wrote:

The SIM is what they call tri-punch. You can snap the smaller size out of the larger size...carefully.

Need Help? Let's chat.