cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow, what a failure!

Public_Exposure
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Got to the page where you enter credit card info and "Activate". Eventually got:

This page isn’t working

activate.publicmobile.ca didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

This is in Chrome becuase in another comment from someone a smarty pants said to use a real computer (not Safari). Which failed me twice on the first page of trying to activate. Are Public Mobile's pages bad or is it me?

11 REPLIES 11

@Public_Exposure wrote:

Since comments don't seem to thread automaticly, how do you imbed my message in your message (as you did) so things make sense to all, should be default action, not very intuative to do it.

@Public_Exposure, if you wish to quote a message in your reply, simply click on the reply button beneath the message you are quoting.  Once the message box pops up, click on the quote button above the message box.  Give it a try.  If things don't look right, you can always click on the cancel button below the message box to back out. 

With respect to your activation issue, as long as your credit card has not been charged, you should be able to give it a try again.  I know it is frustrating, but the activation process is still available to you when you are not charged.  Generally the moderator team are contacted for account issues, where the account creation process is stuck and charges has been applied.  Personally, I have had good success with the self serve portal in spite of the known idiosyncrasies.  I have use chrome, firefox, even internet explorer successfully to set up and make account changes.  The problem could be due to the data entered.  There are limitations on the length of certain fields which are noted in the form.  Less notable items are postal code which is entered with no space and apartment number, if applicable, being left out in the address field.  If you are still up to it, give it another try since consultation with the moderator team can take a bit of time anyway.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Public_Exposure wrote:

Since comments don't seem to thread automaticly, how do you imbed my message in your message (as you did) so things make sense to all, should be default action, not very intuative to do it.

When you are entering your text, just click the Quote button at the top.

Public_Exposure

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Public_Exposure wrote:

I think I will top up my current provider because this will take days and days and a lot of time messaging. They should get a couple good programers and redo the web interface, it does not deliver. I'll start 10 days before my service stops next time and count on days for a Mod to fix all the bad things that happen. It's almost like TELUS does not want this to work too well, or they will lose customers at $100 a month.

TELUS basically wants everyone to move 1 level up to Koodo - We often get promotions for moving up, but again they don't want to close PM because it still earns them profit. So, as you've seen, we get less attention than TELUS/Koodo.

n.b. Using PM for work phone is frowned upon.

Public_Exposure

I think I will top up my current provider because this will take days and days and a lot of time messaging. They should get a couple good programers and redo the web interface, it does not deliver. I'll start 10 days before my service stops next time and count on days for a Mod to fix all the bad things that happen. It's almost like TELUS does not want this to work too well, or they will lose customers at $100 a month.

Public_Exposure

I am using a presonal computer with full blown browsers. Companies should not be offering "finicky" account creation pages. Not good.

austinhuang

@Public_Exposure wrote:

I tried, says it failed. So far no charge on my cc

I mean you can Ask a moderator (Can take up to 48 hrs, 1 message at a time) right away, or try again (and if 2 charges, you can either ask a moderator or dispute the other charge).

Public_Exposure

I tried, says it failed. So far no charge on my cc

Public_Exposure

No

austinhuang

Did you lose connection midway?

Also EMPTY_RESPONSE might indicate your request is processed but it just can't return a 200 status. Try logging in.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Public_Exposure, The self serve portal (including the activation page(s)) is a bit finicky.  It's a reality that sometimes it doesn't play nice with all browsers.  Generally, Using a browser on a computer using privacy/incognito mode works best, and often works in situations that were not otherwise working.  Not all web sites are well suited for small devices such as phones/tablets.  It's the unfortunate reality.

Need Help? Let's chat.