cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
softech
Mayor / Maire

Re: Wost Service Ever - Cancel your account before you end up like me

@FlyingFitz  it has been couple hours.. did PM reply you yet??  any progress?

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@FlyingFitz : lol and I was one of those. But I called CIBC to verify in the end because I just couldn't believe it. Crazy.

There's a very slim chance the call centre might be able to do something for you but I doubt it. But still worth the attempt.

While a super hassle for you to get control of this account...I'm pleased for everybody's security that it's this hard. It should be. You need to verify the account...not just the account holder. If the account holder name is such and such but the actual user is so and so then you need to verify using such and such. (Just as a simple example.)

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@FlyingFitz 

This is the verification info for access to your account thru a private message. Surely you can glean enough info to verify. Additional verifiers I will send you via private message that you should be able to supply to the CSA.

Yes Simple--Simon is stupid....I never use him. 

An autopay payment is usually processed at about 2am eastern the day of renewal if renewals are running on time. They can be be delayed a couple of hours up to 6 to 8 hours. The best way to judge renewal timing would be to phone 1-855-4PUBLIC at about 10 minutes after midnight. If the autopay reward has been applied to the account then they are running on time.....or until rewards are applied then add at least two hours for autopay to attempt to charge the visa debit card.

Your other option would be to call the fraud department of your bank late on the night of renewal and ask for a temporary freeze on your accounts until you can get to your branch in the morning. That would hopefully cause an autopay fail.

Here is the method I use for account verification for customer support....

Send a private message...   Contact the CSA's (formerly moderators) by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the CSA's (formerly moderators.) Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the CSA's (formerly moderators) click below
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

og2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@FlyingFitz This is an easy fix by talking to your bank and then getting a new card so the charges don't  continue. At the same time explain the situation to your bank and they will take your side.

FlyingFitz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why do people offer suggestions that don't work at all. Do your research before saying "EASY FIX" -....it isn't an easy fix - FAR FROM IT!  I already went to the bank, and talked with them.  Where this is a subscription, even getting a new card and even a new bank account will still allow Public Mobile to get their money.  Where this is a contract, we have to deal with Public Mobile to get cancelled, not the bank.  

FlyingFitz

Sent all the info to CS_Agent privately - waiting on reply. Thanks for the detailed response, which is the route I had to take as per their reply on Friday. 

FlyingFitz

Yes, waiting now on reply. Thanks!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@FlyingFitz 

I certainly hope you were able gather all the info required to verify the account. At least you know they take account security seriously at PM.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite 

The solution chosen is correct but for anyone in this unique position as the OP was can private message me for the additional info I gave the OP to have on hand when they contacted customer support to verify the account.

softech
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious   so you sent OP extra info to get it sorted out?  

Need Help? Let's chat.