cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Re: Wost Service Ever - Cancel your account before you end up like me

I don't know the ins and outs of Visa Debit but surely to goodness they must have a way to pause transactions temporarily. Use the toll free to get the date. Then pause. Then this place suspends. Unpause. Done. Wipe hands. Walk away.

softech
Mayor / Maire

PM payment does not considered as a "monthly reoccurring" charge to Financial Institutions as that was on a 30 days cycle, I wonder if that is the reason making it hard to stop payment on the CC/Debit card side.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@softech : Credit cards have a way to temporarily pause transactions. Surely Visa Debit does too.

No, this place does not do recurring payments. It's a permitted pull from the payment card. Recurring payments are a push to the vendor.

FlyingFitz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No they don't. I already tried their methods of stop payment - but that didn't work so no other options as per the Bank.   And I only have 1 account setup which is this one - which I only was able to setup as a dummy account and not related to the persons account at all.  

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@FlyingFitz : It's not really like a stop payment. It's pausing the account so that NO transactions will happen. Then when you've passed the renewal date (say mid-day) then unpause it.

The idea is for a misplaced card. Or lost. You pause the card and then when you find it you unpause. All to stop possible misuse of the card. Same effect here. You're stopping the card from being used. Just for that short period of time.

t_p
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@FlyingFitz wrote:

No they don't. I already tried their methods of stop payment - but that didn't work so no other options as per the Bank.   And I only have 1 account setup which is this one - which I only was able to setup as a dummy account and not related to the persons account at all.  

What I find hard to believe is that your bank told you they can't stop the payments and you took their word for it. Just by googling the issue, I can find several suggestions about the process to do so. If you have indeed exhausted all options and have documented the process, you can always go to the last resort, the Bank Ombudsman. I've had good experience with them in the past.

FlyingFitz

I didn't take there word for it - I physically went to the bank and we put a stop payment on the account for Public Mobile and the amount / date of payments. This is what they said they can do - nothing else.  They also said the method wasn't 100% guaranteed - which they were correct for Public Mobile just took another payment.  Call the bank yourself if you think they can do anything else.  Call CIBC which is who we deal with.

FlyingFitz

We have payments coming out of that account for more than just Public Mobile. Pausing the account risks others not geting their money as well, which then we would have to pay NSF fees - adding more to our loss.  Not an option.

softech
Mayor / Maire

.. you should have tried to get the logon to My Account at the beginning, then you can stop Autopay, that would save a lot of work

Since you opened a ticket with PM, let's wait and have your My Account login back.

FlyingFitz

I tried many times to get the info from the BOT - only to get a verification question we couldn't answer. Over and over again.  Waiting on the reply from the ticket.

Need Help? Let's chat.