cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wost Service Ever - Cancel your account before you end up like me

FlyingFitz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We lost the account info for Self Service- and lost the phone.  Now 4 months later we are still getting billed and we can't stop it - no human to contact and nobody in this community is active unless they are trying to get you into a contest or something. No help what so ever - contacting BBB and our laywer next to see what we can do. Simply the worst experience I have ever gone through since having a cell phone over 25 years now.  I will never go with these people again or ever recommend them to anyone .  Get out now before you end up like me!

70 REPLIES 70

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

You need a community account to request help from us (fellow customers) or from CSA’s (PM employees). Your community account was created yesterday. I’m not sure how you have been working in this for 4 months. You have almost instantly received the info you need from us to cancel your account since posting here yesterday.

I am not aware of any arrangement at PM to withdraw monthly funds directly from your bank account. Maybe some arrangement I am not up to speed on. This makes me wonder if you are enquiring at the correct provider here?

AE_Collector

I cannot see a reason for somebody to wait 4 months of not having a service but getting billed every month for such and not trying to resolve it.

You should mention your issue to community as soon as you lost your phone/SIM and many members will advise you of proper steps to take to stop your service.

I hope you still remember your PM user ID. If you forgot password it is easy to reset it. Then you could cancel autopay and/or delete your credit cart and payments would stop.

I believe MODs will help you out (including potential refund) if you open ticket with them. MODs communicate with clients through Community; watch for mailbox at top right corner...

I find easiest way to open a ticket to Click here and type ticket, then select account-specific question, then select you need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

@FlyingFitz wrote:

I have tried using Simon, contacting a modarator - I don't have access to the account info so nothing has worked. Contacted the bank to stop payments and everything - but the payments are still getting through.  I finally setup this account just to get into the commnunity and the first post I got was to enter a contest, not any support. Hence my reply to the thread.  How do I cancel this account so I don't get billed any longer?

SiMON is tough to you... but follow my step above, type in what I said there and you can get to the open ticket screen quick

Also, the 2nd step is to send them direct message, that would work too

Don't give up .. Support is online, it does work.  It just take a bit of time to understand

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

@FlyingFitz  Please try to get access to your My Account/Self-Serve first

you can try the Forgot Password link the on page, enter the email address you have used and then answer the Security question

If you are unable to reset through Forgot password, you have to open a ticket with PM.

While the ETA is said to be 48 hours, they usually rely within 1 to 4 hours.  Just check your Community inbox on the top right as they communicate with you via messaging you there:

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request Cusstomer Support Agent assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click on "Contact Us", click on "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket" then Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

FlyingFitz

I have tried using Simon, contacting a modarator - I don't have access to the account info so nothing has worked. Contacted the bank to stop payments and everything - but the payments are still getting through.  I finally setup this account just to get into the commnunity and the first post I got was to enter a contest, not any support. Hence my reply to the thread.  How do I cancel this account so I don't get billed any longer?

FlyingFitz

It was setup through the bank and our bank account gets billed each month.  So we tried to stop it at the bank, but the payments are still getting through.  Don't Public Mobile have a way to get the account into back so we can login and cancel?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@FlyingFitz wrote:

We lost the account info for Self Service- and lost the phone.  Now 4 months later we are still getting billed and we can't stop it - no human to contact and nobody in this community is active unless they are trying to get you into a contest or something. No help what so ever - contacting BBB and our laywer next to see what we can do. Simply the worst experience I have ever gone through since having a cell phone over 25 years now.  I will never go with these people again or ever recommend them to anyone .  Get out now before you end up like me!

@FlyingFitz   Before you file the complain, may I understand what have you tried to do in this situation?  Where you try to seek help so far?  How did you try to contact PM Support?  

You have setup this Community account on Sept 2 and seems like the only post you have is this one.

You did mentioned that "nobody in this community is active unless they are trying to get you into a contest".  So, you have been following this Community and understand how this Community works?   If so, you might be aware that many people posted their issue here and try to seek help from fellow customers.

I think PM Support is definitely not perfect.  But for any customer, they do have the responsibility  to understand the service they engaged in.  To file a successful complain, they also have to show clearly what action they have taken which could then prove to lack of action from the provider.  

Good luck with the new service. 

(BTW, do you need help cancelling your account or need help to port your number out?) 

Sorry to hear about your troubles.   If you know your PIN number, you could call: Dial 1-855-4PUBLIC .  Follow prompts to remove autopay.  

Have you tried reseting your password.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/

(Check your junk folder)

If not working, you will need to contact CSA

To contact Customer Service agent (CSA) via 2 methods:

1. Ticketing system - faster response time

Click on the chat bubble icon on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact CSA.  Type: payment problem. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

or

2 Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

P.S.  Also check your private message.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@FlyingFitz wrote:

Do you mean your credit card is still being billed? If so you can ask the issuer to intervene and stop the payments.

Need Help? Let's chat.