cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wost Service Ever - Cancel your account before you end up like me

FlyingFitz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We lost the account info for Self Service- and lost the phone.  Now 4 months later we are still getting billed and we can't stop it - no human to contact and nobody in this community is active unless they are trying to get you into a contest or something. No help what so ever - contacting BBB and our laywer next to see what we can do. Simply the worst experience I have ever gone through since having a cell phone over 25 years now.  I will never go with these people again or ever recommend them to anyone .  Get out now before you end up like me!

70 REPLIES 70

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know the ins and outs of Visa Debit but surely to goodness they must have a way to pause transactions temporarily. Use the toll free to get the date. Then pause. Then this place suspends. Unpause. Done. Wipe hands. Walk away.

@AE_Collector wrote:

You must have more than one community account here if you have been dealing with “Simon” for months. This community account was only set up yesterday. 

I have been wondering about this too.  

@FlyingFitz wrote:

"You have almost instantly received the info you need from us to cancel your account since posting here yesterday." - really -where is that info that is provided?

"I am not aware of any arrangement at PM to withdraw monthly funds directly from your bank account." - really - do you work for Public Mobile?  You should be quite aware of Visa Debit that takes money from the bank.  Wow.

Pages of suggestions so far. 

Visa Debit is being processed as a credit card by PM. It is just a debit card to the bank. I don’t know for certain but would assume it would be deactivated like a credit card.

You must have more than one community account here if you have been dealing with “Simon” for months. This community account was only set up yesterday. You contact support from HERE, on the community area (where you are right now) not from the account that you don’t have access to. 

In hind site since you don’t seem to be able to deal with online support, PM was probably a poor choice of providers. But then it may not have been you who signed on with Public Mobile. It is was it is and has been like his for support for quite some time so the support model here wasn’t hidden in any way. At least they get paid for being treated like crap by the occasional customer. Unlike us who are customers helping out for free.

AE_Collector

@FlyingFitz wrote:

Sent message to PM.  Have the phone number.  Also Submitted a ticket again.  We would have to change bank accounts which isn't something we can do or we have to transfer all the debits coming out as well, which would be a total pain and risk people getting bounced for the account wasn't migrated quick enough.  I haven't had any luck with password reset for her emails.

Let's hope you have better luck this time.  you have all of us behind you.  🙂

Wait a day ... hopefully you can a reply within an hour or two .keep checking the Community inbox and let us know how it goes

Since you are helping out , i hope you get all the info or validation questions.

FlyingFitz

Sent message to PM.  Have the phone number.  Also Submitted a ticket again.  We would have to change bank accounts which isn't something we can do or we have to transfer all the debits coming out as well, which would be a total pain and risk people getting bounced for the account wasn't migrated quick enough.  I haven't had any luck with password reset for her emails.

@FlyingFitz wrote:

The BOT Always wanted the account info when trying to contact you for months.  So we kept getting the same message -

let me ask you a  directly question and please answer directly.   

Did you open a ticket with PM so far and did PM agent replied you via Community inbox (envelope on the top right).. ??  If not, you have to open a proper incident with PM agent first.  And the ticket should be about getting the credentials to log into My Account

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@FlyingFitz  at this point forget simon and do as previously suggested  

Send a private message to CS_agent

Do you at least remember the tel number? That will be important.

As for taking money right out of bank the only way I believe that might be possible is if your mom setup autopay with a visa debit card.  Maybe cancel that card?

If there is a possibility that she has a selfserve account try the lost password feature using all the possible email she uses. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@FlyingFitz : And have we been over this already: Do you know the email address of the account? Like from a welcome email or any other marketing emails from here. That is the account login.

Then you would need to know the answer of the security question that had been set up at activation or possibly some other time.

Then if you still have access to that email inbox then you can do the Forgot your password? link and answer that question (the asking of it might prompt that memory) and then get the email reset and log in to the account.

Edit: the Visa Debit would have been set up at this end...not the bank end.

FlyingFitz

"You have almost instantly received the info you need from us to cancel your account since posting here yesterday." - really -where is that info that is provided?

"I am not aware of any arrangement at PM to withdraw monthly funds directly from your bank account." - really - do you work for Public Mobile?  You should be quite aware of Visa Debit that takes money from the bank.  Wow.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@FlyingFitz : I added more to my recent reply.

FlyingFitz

I HAVE ALL THE ACCOUNT INFO NEEDED IT IS MY STEP MOMS ACCOUNT.  WHAT DO YOU NEED AND I CAN PROVIDE IT!  I NEED SOMEONE TO RESET THE ACCESS TO CANCEL THE ACCOUNT.

FlyingFitz

The BOT Always wanted the account info when trying to contact you for months.  So we kept getting the same message - can't be verified so can't get into the forum. They also have it setup so the username you signup with to this community has to be the same to get any support. >>> We don't have that info, so was going nowhere for months. Finally went to the bank last month to get payments stopped paid the fees to get it stopped - AND THEY ARE STILL BILLING US.  PLEASE DON'T EVER SUGGEST IT ISN'T PUBLIC MOBILE - I AM IN THE RIGHT PLACE!  Your systems boot out anyone that doen'st know the account info. I created this bacially dummy account for it isn't the account that was setup under the phone number and everyone tells me to go back to the SIMON to get help - WHICH HE IS OF NO HELP AT ALL!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : lol Now who isn't reading whole threads 🙂 Sorry everybody.

@FlyingFitz : You're going to need to be able to fully verify/identify that you have the "right" to deal with this account. We can't all just go around cancelling anybody's account 🙂

You can still do the 18554public from any phone to hear the renewal date. Then see if you can pause transactions.

@FlyingFitz  please open a ticket with PM first to get back on the My Account/Self serve portal

If you have opened the ticket this morning, you should get a reply soon   Please be patient.  I understand you lost the service for 4 months, just wait another day or 2.  Once you get back onto My Account, you would be able to stop Autopay easily

FlyingFitz

No - the phone is lost so we don't have access to any info about it or previous messages. The autopay was setup by someone else for the account - but it is being billed from the bank account monthly.  We already went to the bank and put a stop payment, but the payments are still being billed and paid from the account and we don't even have a phone.  

@Anonymous   according to the original thread, OP lost the phone.

@FlyingFitz please stay with your own thread , we are trying to help

You need to first get back to My Account to do the steps I posted above.  When did you submit a ticket with PM to unlock your My Account Self serve?  

FlyingFitz

It shouldn't be that complicated for users to cancel with they loose their account info. It happends quite often - and most companies have a way to get it reset.  Submitting a peice of ID or something - or over the phone which you don't do - Who is going to message me - it has been hours now with only people saying the same thing over and over again - which only makes things more frustrating and not of any help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@FlyingFitz : Do you have access to the phone? Do you still have the PM SIM in it? Can you see all texts that had come from 611? One of the first texts from 611 would be the 4 digit account PIN. Dial 611 on the phone (or even 18554public on any other phone) and then you'll find the option to turn off autopay after using the 4 digit PIN.

The autopay must have been set up using a Visa Debit or Mastercard Debit card for it to come out of the bank. There ought to be a way to stop allowing transactions on it temporarily. Then using that toll free number, you can hear the renewal date, then for the day before and the day after you can temporarily stop allowing transactions on that card to stop the autopay from working. There is only one attempt made to charge the card.

That will suspend the account and then 90 days after that the account will deactivate altogether.

FlyingFitz

OH MY - I CAN"T LOGIN TO THE SYSTEM TO DO ANY OF THAT 

@FlyingFitz  when did you submit your ticket?  just now?  If so, please wait for an hour or two for reply.  Again, your issue is more complicated as you are unable to logon to My Account

FlyingFitz
Spoiler
Another person getting billed for months and can't cancel.... I am sure may of these will be piling up - please message me if you are in the same boat. I will collect all info and we can tackle this together.

FlyingFitz

I have done everything any moderators said - submitted a ticket - but that is all the same replies - direct message or submit a ticket -that is what i have done with no help whatsoever so far from many messages .... why is it so hard to reset account info - and who can actually do that - doensn't seem like anyone in this forum can?

@FlyingFitz  first, this is an old thread from close to a year ago

second, if you have taken the proper step to create a My Account/Self-serve , then you would be able to logon to the Self-serve portal to stop the Autopay or remove the credit card.  There is no scam here.  If the user does not follow the proper step themselves, it won't make a successful case.   

I understand you try to get contact with support directly.  But Support here is all online.  It is said clearly on the website.  It is the user responsibility to understand the service they are signing up to.

We are trying to help you on your own thread and hope we can get you on My Account so you can stop your Autopay and remove the credit card on the system.

FlyingFitz

Good Luck - We have been getting billed for 4 months now and still can't get it cancelled without the account info that we lost.  Tell all your friends how terrible this serivce is and hopefully loss of people will spark a change in this FRUSTRATING and IMPOSSIBLE task of getting access back and cancelling your account so you don't get billed.  Wondering how many other people they bill monthly but they Can't cancel.  If this doesn't get solved for you - please message me and we can get together for a PUBLIC LAWSUIT!

@FlyingFitz  please follow my step by step instructions to open ticket with PM.

First ask them about the My Account.  Ask them if you have setup one yet.  If so, ask them to confirm what email address used and reset password

FlyingFitz

FROM SIMON ::: 

IOf you forgot or want to modify your Self Serve email, you will need to contact a Customer Support Agent.

*Please keep in mind that your Community and Self Serve email address must be the same, so if you earn a Community Reward, you can get it applied to your account.

>> SO I can't get into the support needed - How do I do that without the login info?:

@FlyingFitz  there is no human to talk to.. All support is online

Please try this to open ticket.  For method 1, type in exactly what I show you and you can get to open ticket right a  way.  Or method 2 for direct message

(Just make sure you come back and check your Community inbox after you open the ticket)

1. Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request Cusstomer Support Agent assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Start with typing "Submit a ticket",

click on "Contact Us",

click on "Other" from the choices,

click "Click here to submit a ticket" then Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

FlyingFitz

We don't have a PM User ID or any login info, and we have been tring to get someone to talk to with Simon but he kept needing verification info to proceed which we don't have.  That was a loop we went in over and over again trying every question we could answer only to get "We need to Verify"..... so no messages got anywhere or to anyone for the last few months.  I finally setup this account to get into the community - which is not the actual account holder - I am doing this for my Step Mother which has no idea about this setup or anything.  It isn't setup from a credit card, it is the bank and we tried putting a stop payment on it - only to have the back ignore it and they still get paid each month.  STOP TELLING ME TO GO TO SIMON - I NEED A HUMAN - I DON"T HAVE THE INFO HE REQUIRES:  Account holder: Ixxxx Dxxxx and Phone Number 709-xxx-xxxx

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information from public forum

Need Help? Let's chat.