cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't transfer a Telus phone number

george6978
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My husband ported my number to PM from Telus in error and then ported his correct number from Telus. Can you transfer my number? Can somene from PM private message me and I can give them the correct number to transfer. I called Telus and they said the number was already ported to you. Please cantact me asap.

8 REPLIES 8

@AE_Collector wrote:

One thing about porting Telus numbers to Public Mobile.... it is done almost instantly! (30 seconds for me) Even if you didn't really want that number ported in!

AE_Collector

The way it happen so fast since both are owned by Telus means that the computers are clearly connected. No need to wait for other carrier to approve the transfer.

One thing about porting Telus numbers to Public Mobile.... it is done almost instantly! (30 seconds for me) Even if you didn't really want that number ported in!

AE_Collector

@george6978 wrote:

This Is to advise that the lost number has now been transferred. We had to port back the number to TELUS and the moderator team took over and was successful in getting the matter resolved.I wish to thank you and your team for getting this problem resolved for us. We hope to have a long relationship with your company. Thank you so much.

@george6978  I'm happy to hear everything got sorted out for you and your wife. Come back anytime you need help or just join in on the conversations. Welcome to public mobile!

george6978

This Is to advise that the lost number has now been transferred. We had to port back the number to TELUS and the moderator team took over and was successful in getting the matter resolved.I wish to thank you and your team for getting this problem resolved for us. We hope to have a long relationship with your company. Thank you so much.

george6978

Thank you , I have submitted a ticket.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@george6978 wrote:

My husband ported my number to PM from Telus in error and then ported his correct number from Telus. Can you transfer my number? Can somene from PM private message me and I can give them the correct number to transfer. I called Telus and they said the number was already ported to you. Please cantact me asap.

You can await response from the moderators but I suspect your phone number has been lost for good. When your husband transferred his phone number to your PM account it repaced your phone number (that was accidently transferred to PM). Once a phone number has been replaced the old number is recycled; there is a very slim chance your number can be recovered if it is not in use (try calling it).

If you are confused about how to submit a trouble ticket:

1. click the ? on the lower right of this page,

2. enter "ticket",

3. click "Contact us",

4. click "Submit ticket",

5. login manually if your username/password are not filled in,

6. click the drop down menu (in the white area),

7. pick the topic that fits your issue and follow the directions to submit it,

8. If none of the topics are correct click Other/Something Else until you reach the blank form

Response time is 2 - 5 days so engage a backup plan. Mine is using fongo.com over wifi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

george6978

I clicked on your link. It sent me to a page where I clicked "Submit A Ticket Click Me". It then goes to a page that looks like the one that I would explain the problem on,  then quickly goes to a 404 page.

Whoops! Looks like we were too busy thinking about you. Go to homepage.

@george6978 wrote:

I wouldn't wait for someone at Public Mobile to contact you. They might not see your message.  I would contact them by opening a support ticket.  Click on this link:  https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

From there, type in "open ticket", select "contact us", and "submit ticket".

Need Help? Let's chat.