cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't let me make a self serve account or activate sim#

Contrivance
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

After 4 times trying to make a self serve, I kept getting "ops, don't panic. Log in and log out again or ..." And "generic error" And now it says my SIM# is invalid. I don't know what to do. 

9 REPLIES 9

@Contrivance hi if none of that has worked for you then I suggest you contact a moderator https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Contrivance

Update: I've done all the things you guys have suggested now. Didn't work yet. Says my sim# is invalid. Anything else I can do to fix this?

@XionBunny wrote:

When I signed up I wound up having to use Microsoft edge to do so, chrome has too many issues.

The official word on browsers is buried here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Activate/ta-p/251824

"Try using a different browser, or try using a different computer or tablet. The Self-Serve and activation portals are best viewed on Firefox 56 or higher, Google Chrome 64 or higher and Internet Explorer 11 and above. For the best experience, enable cookies and JavaScript on your browser." Robot Frustrated

Safari and Chrome have always worked for me; not always quickly mind you. Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@XionBunny wrote:

When I signed up I wound up having to use Microsoft edge to do so, chrome has too many issues.

I second this this. The woman who activated my account instore also had to switch browsers, so it's definitely worth trying. I don't recall which browser ended up working for her though.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Contrivance

I haven't gotten to that point yet, thankfully

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Contrivance wrote:

After 4 times trying to make a self serve, I kept getting "ops, don't panic. Log in and log out again or ..." And "generic error" And now it says my SIM# is invalid. I don't know what to do. 

@Contrivance  Once you get that error you need to wait an hour for the session lock to clear from the PM system.

Best to clear your browser's cache and to even use private/incognito mode with your briwser.

Hope this helps!

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Contrivance its very slow for me this evening keeps kicking me out maybe try in an hour or so Smiley Happy

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@ContrivanceI highly recommend try it at off peak hours.. Public Mobile servers are often overloaded. While you do that also use a refreshly restarted browsers with no add ons like ad or privacy blockers.

After a few times, the system will go into time out.. so you have to start again after the time out.. just to double check.. have you have to enter your credit card info yet? If so, have they charge you?

Need Help? Let's chat.