cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't Find Network

ThatActor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

New user here. Registered phones for both my wife and I - had absolutely no issues with hers. Mine will not find the network after inserting the new SIM card. Phone says it is not carrier locked and it has no SIM restrictions. Model is Iphone X. I believe it might have been an issue with the SIM card as I've now attempted to run it from my wifes phone and it also won't find the network. How do I fix this?

11 REPLIES 11

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ThatActor  You haven't said if your wife's SIM works in your phone?

@ThatActor wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

Sorry for the edit as I managed to figure out that issue and got my phone to attempt working with the correct number. Unfortunately the phone still won't make outgoing calls or receive them - or send texts or receive them as well. It also says it has successfully connected to the 3G network but won't load any data.

@ThatActor Well hopefully one of our resident iPhone experts can chime in and help you out. Good luck!

ThatActor

Thanks for the reply!

Sorry for the edit as I managed to figure out that issue and got my phone to attempt working with the correct number. Unfortunately the phone still won't make outgoing calls or receive them - or send texts or receive them as well. It also says it has successfully connected to the 3G network but won't load any data.

@ThatActor wrote:

Thanks for the response everyone.

@ThatActor I see you edited out a large chunk of text. Did everything resolve itself?

ThatActor

Thanks for the response everyone.

@ThatActor wrote:

Thanks for the response! The phone actually managed to secure a connection to the network in the last half hour but it won't allow any outgoing/incoming calls or messages. Is this typical while the phone sets itself to the network or have I encountered another issue here?

did you try to reboot your phone once after you secure a connection?

so, do you have data connection now? do you only have issue with calls and messages or data as well?

@ThatActor wrote:

Thanks for the response! The phone actually managed to secure a connection to the network in the last half hour but it won't allow any outgoing/incoming calls or messages. Is this typical while the phone sets itself to the network or have I encountered another issue here?

@ThatActor Maybe try a network reset and restart the phone. Did you port a number in or select a new one when you activated the sim?

ThatActor

softech
Oracle
Oracle

can you confirm if you have the proper Carrier Profile downloaded?

under Settings -> General -> About -> Carrier, you should see something like Public Mobile xx.x

If not, try this:

connect to a WiFi access point with internet access, and update your carrier profile through the Software Update option.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ThatActor 

You could try these troubleshooting items:

1. Make sure airplane mode is off
  2. Power OFF your device, wait 1 minute, turn on and check for signal bars
  3. Check on account self-serve that your account status is Active
  4. While on self-serve, check that SIM card number under “Change Sim card” matches the SIM card number in your phone
  5. Make sure you’re in a covered area and there are no cellular outages
  6. Change wifi calling preferences to Cellular Preferred or Cellular Only
  7. Set network mode to Auto
  8. Reset network settings
  9. Update device software to latest version
  10. Perform a manual network selection

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@ThatActor wrote:

Hello,

New user here. Registered phones for both my wife and I - had absolutely no issues with hers. Mine will not find the network after inserting the new SIM card. Phone says it is not carrier locked and it has no SIM restrictions. Model is Iphone X. I believe it might have been an issue with the SIM card as I've now attempted to run it from my wifes phone and it also won't find the network. How do I fix this?

@ThatActor It certainly sounds like a SIM issue! Try contacting a moderator as described below:

You can contact the moderators one of 2 ways.

1. Open a ticket through the automated ticketing system (faster response time) by clicking the chat bubble located at the bottom right of this page; or

2. Contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.