cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Wind mobile port

So I just ported my number over to PM. Popped the new Sim in restarted and all apn settings are correct. Data is working fine, I can't believe how much faster this is then wind......my God it's like day and night the difference I'm almost not use to how fast a page opens.

My question is my phone shows 4glte stuck at 1-2 bars, if I switch it to read H it shows 5 bars. It switches to h on a phone call which I'm assuming is GSM but why does it give me 5 bars in the same spot that I get 1-2 bars on 4glte.
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Wind mobile port

3g and LTE are on different bands so the signal strength will not be the same. 1 bar of LTE will be faster then full bars of 3g. And yes i agree PM is very quick,

Also, when making a call it will switch to 3g on your indicator because the call is using the LTE and then 3G for the rest of the stuff while on the phone

LTE, for the most part, is operating on Band IV 1700MHz.  The signal on that doesn't travel as far as something such as UMTS Band V 850MHz that Public has available to its customers.

The signal reading measurements are reported differently for LTE compared to HSPA.  I've noticed that LTE almost always shows 2 bars or so but it's still fast, and is even fine in indoor basements where I have tried.

Your phone will automatically use HSPA for voice service, or when there is lack of and LTE data signal.

I would just set your phone on automatic network type and not even think about it 

But wouldn't the 1 bar kill my battery much faster then the 5 bars of H aka 3.5g

When you have less bars your phone uses more power to use the signal. So in theory yes it will use more battery. But very margonally. I wouldnt worry about it.

Okay cause it's definitely still faster then the 5 bar of h. Was debating locking it in at 5 bars and not using lte but alright I'll give it a go haha. Love this plan.

Yeah the LTE works like a charm. Enjoy your awesome plan Smiley Happy