cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the Google Pixel XL work with Public Mobile? The IMEI checker said it couldn't find my device.

BasesLoadedWalk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello, this is my first post in this community. I just ordered a Public Mobile SIM card, and then I went to check my phone, which is a Google Pixel XL that was purchased directly from the Google Web store, on the IMEI checker you have on the main page. I entered my IMEI number and it said that my device wasn't found. This has me worried that the phone isn't compatible with Public Mobile. Could someone reassure me about this? I have used this phone on both Rogers and Telus in the past year with no issues on either of those networks.

9 REPLIES 9

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

let us know how well the Pixel is on PM!

texwood
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I tend not to use IMEI checker but read the specification provided by the vendor (Google).  The Tech Specs page list as:

North America
  • GSM: Quad-band GSM
  • UMTS/WCDMA: B 1/2/4/5/8
  • CDMA: BC0/BC1/BC10
  • TD-SCDMA: N/A
  • FDD LTE: B 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/17/20/25/26/28/29/30
  • TDD LTE: B 41

As Band 4 is listed as a supported band for the phone, you are good to go.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
No reason for it not to work. As everyone mentioned the IMEI checker is a bit outdated

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

since you have the phone and sim, simply put it in and you will see the connection.  

It's a high end phone set with all required frequencies it will work with public mobile.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

GibsonSGJ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey there,

I'm currently using a Google Pixel with Public Mobile and have been without issue since I joined in February.

You should be perfectly fine!

Brian

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Sorry to say this, the IMEI checker is really unreliable.  Use this site for checking instead.  The database is much larger and more accurate.  Telus is Public Mobile as far as network goes.  So you are fine on compatibility.

http://willmyphonework.net/

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Yes it will work as said above. 

The imei checker is outdated. Best to use this site. it gives accurate results.  

cricketfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Yes it will work if it works on telus. Pm runs on telus network so they are identical.
Need Help? Let's chat.