cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my plan get cancelled if port my number to another carrier?

thunderhawk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to port my PM number to another carrier, will that result in my plan being cancelled and losing my money? Or will i just be assigned a new number?

11 REPLIES 11

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

No. The SIM is done. Kaput. Dead. Expired. Norwegian Blue and all that.

source

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thunderhawk wrote:

Thanks. I'm not too worried about the old PM number, i didn't even use it. I just didn't want to lose my PM account. 

Just to make sure, If i do port, and my account gets cancelled, does that mean i have to buy a new SIM card to use PM again? Or can i re-activate the same SIM?

No. The SIM is done. Kaput. Dead. Expired. Norwegian Blue and all that.

Yes. If you want service with PM after porting this account then you would need to start fresh. The kicker is that you would have to use another unique email address. Seems the system keeps old email addresses.

thunderhawk

@Anonymous wrote:

So I guess do the math. Would their savings cover your losses here.

As for your "old PM number"...no...it went back to the pool. It may have already been picked up by someone else. But if not then you could get a SIM and activate it and then ask the mods to re-connect you to your previous PM number. Maybe they could do that.

Thanks. I'm not too worried about the old PM number, i didn't even use it. I just didn't want to lose my PM account. 

Just to make sure, If i do port, and my account gets cancelled, does that mean i have to buy a new SIM card to use PM again? Or can i re-activate the same SIM?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thunderhawk wrote:

@Pizzaeh wrote:

No refunds.  Since you paid for the next 30 days, you might as well use it.  Unless there is a great deal that's being offered on another carrier.

I'm not sure I understand.  You're asking what happens when you port out your number to another carrier, then ask if you can keep your Public Mobile account alive with a new Public Mobile number.  Porting out a number from any carrier to another carrier, cancels the service with the first carrier - this is not specific to Public Mobile.  

Yes...I recently ported to PM and now my old carrier is offering me a tempting deal, so i was thinking if there was a way to get my old PM number back and port this one to my previous carrier.

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

So I guess do the math. Would their savings cover your losses here.

As for your "old PM number"...no...it went back to the pool. It may have already been picked up by someone else. But if not then you could get a SIM and activate it and then ask the mods to re-connect you to your previous PM number. Maybe they could do that.

thunderhawk

@Pizzaeh wrote:

No refunds.  Since you paid for the next 30 days, you might as well use it.  Unless there is a great deal that's being offered on another carrier.

I'm not sure I understand.  You're asking what happens when you port out your number to another carrier, then ask if you can keep your Public Mobile account alive with a new Public Mobile number.  Porting out a number from any carrier to another carrier, cancels the service with the first carrier - this is not specific to Public Mobile.  

Yes...I recently ported to PM and now my old carrier is offering me a tempting deal, so i was thinking if there was a way to get my old PM number back and port this one to my previous carrier.

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thunderhawk wrote:

I see...

So if i wanted to continue using PM, i would have to buy a new sim card and activate it and start all over again?

My new monthly plan just started yesterday, would a mod be able to refund/credit my account?

Yes. If you had ported out.

No refunds.

I edited this...wrong thread before.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@thunderhawk wrote:

I see...

So if i wanted to continue using PM, i would have to buy a new sim card and activate it and start all over again?

My new monthly plan just started yesterday, would a mod be able to refund/credit my account?

thunderhawk

I see...

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@thunderhawk wrote:

I want to port my PM number to another carrier, will that result in my plan being cancelled and losing my money? Or will i just be assigned a new number?

To add to what's already been said, there are no pro-rating of fees.  The plan fees paid gives you service for the 30 or 90 days you activated for.  If you port out before the cycle is up, you forfeit the remaining days left in the cycle as well as any fees you prepaid.  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@thunderhawk wrote:

Just to add to the answer already posted, porting out your number from any provider will result in your account being closed.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thunderhawk wrote:

It will close and cancel this service. You lose everything except your number that you ported.

Need Help? Let's chat.