cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my iPhone SE from Fido work on Public Mobile? (is it unlocked?)

ibthatsme
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! Did a couple searches on this. I confirmed that PM does support iPhone SE so long that ts unlocked. My contract with Fido is up and I'm on month to month, does that mean the phone is unlocked? I'm not sure how to find that out. I ran IMEI code on the "Get Started" but it didn't really say anything, just gave me some standard message "this phone is not lost" or something of that nature.

On another note, just to make sure I understand how to keep my fido number: Before I cancel my fido, I should buy the PM sim card, put it in my iphone SE/follow instructions to get my number, THEN I go ahead and cancel Fido? Its to my understanding I will lose the number if I cancel fido before i request the number with PM.

4 REPLIES 4

@ibthatsme wrote:

Perfect, I'll give them a call today to unlock. I've already paid for Fido until the 16th, so i should be able to sort this out without paying for another month. 

@ibthatsme  This is a good read  for all things iPhones. Welcome to PM!Smiley Happy

ibthatsme
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Perfect, I'll give them a call today to unlock. I've already paid for Fido until the 16th, so i should be able to sort this out without paying for another month. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@ibthatsmeYou should call Fido to unlock your phone when your contract is up. Don't cancel yet. Once you get the screen that say your phone is unlocked (from Apple via iOS).. then proveed to sign up for PM. Fill in your Fido Account information at the sign up page section "Transfer your number".. wait for the porting number to complete (usually a few hours for cell phone numbers).. then you can cancel your Fido plan..

So I would budget another month with Fido just in case.

GR
Mayor / Maire

Yes it will work on public mobile!  To get your phone unlocked call Fido  and then keep your Fido account active if you want to keep your same phone number.  If you need a refferal to get a 10$ credit let me know.  

Need Help? Let's chat.