cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my Public Mobile Sim Card with a Telus Pre-Paid Android Cellphone?

CellPhoneFreak
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Will my Public Mobile Sim Card with a Telus Pre-Paid Android Cellphone that can be purchased at Wal-Mart?  Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

Patrick_R
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

A Kudo phone will also work with a Public Mobile Sim Card

As well as any unlocked phone in Canada or a universal phone from the States

CellPhoneFreak

Thank you to all for your prompt and super responses!

steff12321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes it will work for sure. No need to check as it will be running on the same network. All prepaid phones should be sold unlocked (unless purchased a long time ago) as they are off-contract. Even if locked, it is locked to the Telus network which includes PM and Koodo. 

You may need to edit the APN settings as mentioned, but honestly it should have the correct ones in there already. 

GR
Mayor / Maire

Yes a public mobile Sim card will work in a Telus phone because it's the same company! If you buy a new phone it's supposed to be unlocked from the store so it will work that way too. I bought a flip phone at the store a while back and they passed me one from Virgin mobile and because its unlocked my public mobile Sim card worked in it! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Triguy wrote:

The phone would need to be unlocked.  Also check https://willmyphonework.net.

A locked Telus or Koodo phone will work here.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The phone would need to be unlocked.  Also check https://willmyphonework.net.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CellPhoneFreak wrote:

I meant to ask:  Will my Public Mobile Sim Card "WORK" with a Telus Pre-Paid Android Cellphone that can be purchased at Wal-Mart?  Thanks.

Those 3 dots in the upper right of your post have an option to edit your post.

I would venture to say that yes that phone should work seeing as how Public Mobile runs on the same system as Telus. But check with willmyphonework.net or other resources to verify if it might only work for voice.

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes it will.  You might have to add new APN settings to get the data to work, but you probably do not even hve to do that.

@CellPhoneFreak wrote:

I meant to ask:  Will my Public Mobile Sim Card "WORK" with a Telus Pre-Paid Android Cellphone that can be purchased at Wal-Mart?  Thanks.

CellPhoneFreak

Need Help? Let's chat.