cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will downgrading plans affect the Boxing day promotion?

anysia99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I signed up to Public Mobile with a $25 plan for 1 GB and there was a promo of a second month free plus 5GB. My renewal is coming up, and I want to downgrade to the $15 plan since I don't use the phone that much. When I was going to change the plan, I got a message that said I can have the new plan active on the renewal date and I will lose the current promotion, but it didn't say what the current promotion is. I have 2 questions about this:

1. Will I lose the 5GB top up if I downgrade to the $15 plan?

2. I got a $25 credit in my balance, so I assume that's to be used for the 2nd month free. If I downgrade to the $15, will that credit be somehow revoked or will it stay there?

Maybe anyone knows the answer to this as I searched the forum and didn't find any.

Thanks very much for your help.

9 REPLIES 9

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Yours is a great question, @anysia99 

Surely, the folks who've been here for a long time must have some knowledge as to whether free gifts limited to certain plans and higher get REMOVED if someone downgrades to a lower plan.   I understand the 'official' notice - but what really happens in practice...

I know of someone who is considering going from the $25 to the $15 plan as well and I've warned them they may very well lose the 5GB bonus so knowing (and not suspecting) would be great.

dlambro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

According to there terms and conditions, you will keep the 1 month free (it's available to all plans) but lose the bonus 5GB data. 

"The 5GB one-time data bonus will be applied to rate plans of $25/month or more. Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Please note that the bonus data will be applied within 30 days of activation. This offer is subject to change without notice"

anysia99

Sounds good. Thank you. I will try to remember to post back to let you all know 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anysia99 : Officially. If you're not too worried about 5gb of data then you could try it and see if it hangs around. It might. It might not. But that risk is up to you. Report back whichever way if you like.

anysia99

Thank you for the replies everyone.

I saw the 5GB added in my plan already. I thought that as a one time bonus, it won't be revoked, but I might be wrong?

If I downgrade let's say 2 months from now, will the 5GB be revoked then? It doesn't seem to make sense but maybe that's the way Public Mobile goes?

@anysia99 wrote:

Hello,

I signed up to Public Mobile with a $25 plan for 1 GB and there was a promo of a second month free plus 5GB. My renewal is coming up, and I want to downgrade to the $15 plan since I don't use the phone that much. When I was going to change the plan, I got a message that said I can have the new plan active on the renewal date and I will lose the current promotion, but it didn't say what the current promotion is. I have 2 questions about this:

1. Will I lose the 5GB top up if I downgrade to the $15 plan?

2. I got a $25 credit in my balance, so I assume that's to be used for the 2nd month free. If I downgrade to the $15, will that credit be somehow revoked or will it stay there?

You won't lose the $25 credit, but Public Mobile's terms stated that at least officially, the 5GB bonus would be lost if the plan was changed.

419mainstreet
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

From the email I got last month when I activated with the boxing day promotion:

The 5GB one-time data bonus will be applied to rate plans of $25/month or more.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

You get to keep the credit but you'll lose the data bonus, as per the promo details.

chrisbasm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@anysia99- If you see the credit already in your account balance, I don't think it would be revoked.  Same goes for the 5GB promotion.  Unless someone else has seen funds actually be removed from an account once it is in there, I would be very surprised to see it happen.

Need Help? Let's chat.