cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi will not connect ever since switching to Public

natasha2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ever since switching to Public a few months ago my wifi will not automatically connect anywhere (at home, work, etc). I have to re-start my phone to get wifi, and now that barely works anymore. 

9 REPLIES 9

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@natasha2 wrote:

Ever since switching to Public a few months ago my wifi will not automatically connect anywhere (at home, work, etc). I have to re-start my phone to get wifi, and now that barely works anymore. 

Public Mobile can't make wifi fail. If there was a factory reset or network settings were reset, you need to set your wifi password again.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@natasha2  Lookup how to reset your network settings on your device. Then reconnect to your WiFi at home and work and it should start working. If it's still an issue after the reset then you need a new phone or repair your current device.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@natasha2What of phone is it? It sounds like a hardware problem.. if it is an iPhone 6 it is a known issue, it is terminal.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

What happiness if you don't have sim in at all, does wifi connect automatically

carlog
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Try deleting and re-adding the wifi (deleting also known as forget this network) and re-add it (make sure you know the password and which wifi network you're deleting).

GR
Mayor / Maire

@natasha2 i would say that has nothing to do with public mobile and its something with the phone software.  You could try reseting your network settings so then you'll have to enter the WiFi passwords everywhere you go for the first time. Also make sure your phone is updated to the latest software settings 

station1104
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

try resettiing your phone it might be a software glitch, if not is is a hardware problem

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@natasha2, WiFi is a separate function from the mobile connection.  There may be some pure coincidence going on but joining the Public Mobile service should have no impact on how WiFi works on your phone.  What model of phone do you have.  Perhaps the community can suggest some troubleshooting tips. 

station1104
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

wifi has nothing to do with any sim card, you can use it without a sim.

Need Help? Let's chat.