cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wiered problem

saqeeb90
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I transfer my existing phone no to public which was not active.. my phone got transferred to public . When I make a call from public mobile it says my existing no on other one. When I dial that number from other phone it doesn't work .neither original no works. Basically I can make outgoing calls but.no one can call my no

7 REPLIES 7

@saqeeb90 wrote:

so i had the number with koodo 2 years ago . i cancelled my service with koodo i believe and ported the same number to public . what do i need to do now to make it work . get koodo to reactivate number then port it ? 

How long ago did you last use that phone number? If it was from 2 years ago, more likely than not, you won't be able to get it back. It's a matter of whether the number is available.

@saqeeb90 wrote:

so i had the number with koodo 2 years ago . i cancelled my service with koodo i believe and ported the same number to public . what do i need to do now to make it work . get koodo to reactivate number then port it ? 

How long ago did you cancel your Koodo service?

If you recently cancelled your Koodo service, then yes you need to reactivate service with Koodo first. Then contact Public Mobile moderators to complete the port.

saqeeb90
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@saqeeb90

Seems like an incomplete (or failed) Mobile Number Port. 

And... did you try restarting your phone yet? 

Jeet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Contact moderator team by clicking ? Button on right lower corner and ask for human or rep. Usually moderator team contacts you within few hours. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@saqeeb90...as instructed, you'll need to contact modertaor for their assistance. It could take 48 hours for a response...usually much less.

While you wait for help...try cycling phone off / on occasionally. See if that helps.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@saqeeb90 , what your have described is typical of a failed number port.  You will need moderator team support to resubmit the failed port.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.