cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why referral code state invalid

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I got a friend that I refer her to PM to use my referral code when she bought the sim card and when she try to login to activate her card and it's telling her sim card is invalid, any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

She finally managed to activate her card.

Thank you everyone for your help ! 🙂

chelsealzl
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

She can try the SIM in her phone now and see if it's activated. Sometimes the card is successfully activated even when the website shows the error. If it's a session time-out then she would need to wait an hour and try again. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@danlee wrote:

I got a friend that I refer her to PM to use my referral code when she bought the sim card and when she try to login to activate her card and it's telling her sim card is invalid, any suggestions?

@danlee  That is a known problem with some phone numbers. My recommendation is to activate the sim card without entering the referral number and then ask your friend to message the moderators and they will apply the referral manually.  To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@danlee Wait an hour or so.  Also double check the sim number before cliking submit.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@danlee wrote:

She doesn't need your referral code to purchase a sim.  She would enter your code when she is activating her sim.  Ask your friend to try a different browser or to open the browser in incognito or private mode.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.