cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is there no customer service number to call

705mechanic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's been 2 days now and I cant recive texts or call from anyone and I'm losing business over it I can make calls but no one can text or call me 

15 REPLIES 15

You are welcome @705mechanic . Glad that we could help you. Have a great week. 

@705mechanic wrote:

Hey thanks called tellus porting and they helped me out right away thanks again for the info 

705mechanic

Hey thanks called tellus porting and they helped me out right away thanks again for the info 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

There is also an option of getting new number with public mobile and porting your permanent number to fongo for total of $25. You pay once and you never have to pay for it again (unless of course you want some extra services like long distance or sms)

You do not have to maintain that number with fongo anymore, it's not subject to inactivity ever.

You can just forward it to any number you wish.

You can also use it with their app

You can receive texts but outgoing texts will cost you, so if you don't use it only for calling but your clients expect sms back maybe it's not the greatest option. But it's a great option if retaining a number used primarily for calling

In any event, in all likelihood the porting of your number is just stuck so call the telus porting number. This will get fixed up quickly and you will be back in business. In the mean time I would think your old service and number are still working on your old sim unless it has specifically been cancelled or ran out of finding (which can also be a source of porting problems if the account was no longer live).

AE_Collector

@705mechanic I have no solice to offer for your current situation, however I have given some thought to the issue of service disruptions and have concluded a residential phone service, cellular or landline, alone is not a good solution if you cannot tolerate several days without service. A business voip service seems to offer the best balance of dependability and price BUT I am not an expert just an interested bystander on business service.

Some reading for you:

VOIP: https://top5voipproviders.com/ca/   and https://www.gonevoip.ca/

STILL WANT PM for the price: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/100-SERVICE/m-p/183753#M33693

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@705mechanic wrote:

Is it too late to get a new number on pm

@705mechanic   You can change numbers via your selfserve online account once every 30 days. Since you mentioned that you use your number for business then maybe it's best to submit a ticket to PM to resolve the porting issue. More than likely you need to provide additional and/or the correct info for them to re-submit the port.

@mimmo I referenced you in regard to the stuck port not the number.

@705mechanicto add a phone number, go into your self service/ my account . And use the change number feature.  If this doesn't  work for you contact the moderator as mentioned above above.

@705mechanic  If you put your previous providers SIM  into your phone . Can you receive calls/ texts

@gblackma wrote:

Then contact the moderators or use the Telus porting department number that I Gave you above

@705mechanic wrote:

Yes I ported my old cell number 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gblackma  I did not suggest anything. You asked vai private message if you should give out the number. I replied it will probably  be posted anyways so go for it.

My advice stands go through moderators as they are the official support method.

Edit @gblackma my bad, mis read your post. Sorry.

Then contact the moderators or use the Telus porting department number that I Gave you above

@705mechanic wrote:

705mechanic

Is it too late to get a new number on pm

705mechanic

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try your old sim......does it accept calls?

Although this is too late to say....most  of us recommend to keep your old account alive, take a new number with PM and then port your old number over. Porting your old number usually automatically closes your old account. Some carriers don’t tell you...but they keep your account open for two weeks in case you don’t like your new change. 

Yes I know....your business line.....and a hassle to advise new number and then back to old number. That is where call transfer would help make it all transparent. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You probably have a stuck port.  Did you attempt to port a number?

Does your old sim work?  Cell lines take about 2 hours land lines longer.

If it is a stuck port use the question mark to submit a ticket request via the chatbot.

Edit: @705mechanic many of us do not reccomend public for business lines as sometimes the wait times can be longer than one wants.  Also if you need invoices you need to request them manually.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@705mechanic PM 's customer service is online and they are called moderators. To contact a moderator and explain your situation . Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket ) Or contact them directly using this link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@705mechanic wrote:

It's been 2 days now and I cant recive texts or call from anyone and I'm losing business over it I can make calls but no one can text or call me 

Need Help? Let's chat.