cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the activation process always broken?

jt97
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

12 REPLIES 12

Auj
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks! That maa sense actually lol. I did say that someone referred me because I was going to sign up with chatr. This is day 2 for me, of being on public Mobile. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@AujIf you have referred someone while you setup you will get $10 credited to your account.

Auj

In my situation, I had to purchase a new Sim card for the activation process to go smoothly. I recieved a $10 credit (not sure why) but I'm ear marking that for reimbursement lol. 

PublicAgent

Your web browser times out probably 

@Dogbert wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@jt97 wrote:

Dialup is kinda harsh don't you think? 

pmserver-du.png

Where did you get a picture of my computer setup?

@Dogbert  So your the guy that sold it to them....Smiley Happy

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@geopublic wrote:

@jt97 wrote:

pmserver-du.png

Where did you get a picture of my computer setup?

@PublicAgent wrote:

Having a good reliable internet connection and browser is really needed 

@PublicAgent  No that's not it  I have redudant high speed internet connections and many times the site is slow and still craps out.

PublicAgent

Having a good reliable internet connection and browser is really needed 

Peterajsmith

When I was setting up mine I had to use a different web browser chrome wouldn't work for me. I used Firefox to set up with no problems 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@jt97  Since we are not privy to Public's activation stats, we won't really know if the activation process is "always broken". I have activated 5 SIMs so far, they all went well.. even with 1 complicated porting, the @CS_Agent has been courteous. Life is an exercise of trade offs, even servrice providers, I chose PM because I don't need hand holding + I buy my own phones so I trade that off for lower cost. It is good to have choices.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jt97 wrote:

Considering this is a online only service and no one to really contact right away to solve issues, their website is tremendously broken.

@jt97Although I agree with you at times it can be very slow most of the time it works without issues.

Starting from the self serve page where it feels like the beginning of the internet with dial up to login. The "forgot password" even takes longer.

pmserver-du.png

The sim activation page is just horrendous. Its a hit or miss with activating your sim card and majority of the time, it will continue to load and then crash, while still taking my money... Ive have the same exact issues for 5 sim activation already.

Will they ever fix this stuff? 

Hopefully if they keep signing up new customers they will. Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jt97- Unfortunatly, things are slow to get fixed.  However, you seem to be very unlucky.  For most people, activation works just fine.

Need Help? Let's chat.