cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the Payment due date different from the AutoPay due date?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

AP.JPGPD.JPG

Does anybody know why the AutoPay due date and they Payment Due Date on self serve page would be different dates?

54 REPLIES 54

Dylan3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes but the one day still could count as a extra day for people to pay manually if they dont have autopay set up

@Dylan3 wrote:

I think this is because if they set the due date for payment earlier then autopay you will have some time to go in to a store to pay for your phone plan and autopay has a later due date because the money is just taken from your bank account that you set it up with

No @Dylan3 the 2 dates are always just 1 day appart..not 7 days.Smiley Wink

Dylan3

I think this is because if they set the due date for payment earlier then autopay you will have some time to go in to a store to pay for your phone plan and autopay has a later due date because the money is just taken from your bank account that you set it up with

mik101

As I posted yesterday mine is screwed up too (and is still screwed up as of this post).

Again the commonality is it says May 7th at the bottom under AutoPay but May 1st at the top.

Hopefully PM can get this resolved too as it surely affected many more folks that haven't checked their self serve portals to notice it yet or don't even use self serve/the community.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Munday wrote:

I noticed my Wife’s account has the Payment Due Date of May 4th at the top of the overview page and May 7th at the bottom. I will have her contact the Mods about the situation.

I’ve been thinking about just paying the balance of both our PM accounts on the first of each month when I pay a bunch of other bills, but leave auto-pay set up of course, for the rewards. It seems many of the no service issues revolve around auto-pay problems.

What do you Guys think about paying in advance like a regular bill?

It is a good plan at least for the next couple of renewals.

Both of my accounts have enough available fund to pay for renewal without touching the autopay credit card.

Solved by the Moderator Team

"After carefully checking your account, we noticed the discrepancy between the expiry date and auto payment that you mentioned, Unfortunately, a system issue caused services to expire earlier than expected or auto payment date moved to a different one, for a select group of customers. I will sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. But everything was already updated on your account and the expiry date now matches your auto payment."

If your Autopay due date does not match your AutoPay due date my recommendation is to be proactive and get it fixed by the moderator team in order to avoid service disruption.

Edit: Koudos goes out to the moderator team (Roxana, Mariela and Jose) for solving the problem.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Munday wrote:

I noticed my Wife’s account has the Payment Due Date of May 4th at the top of the overview page and May 7th at the bottom. I will have her contact the Mods about the situation.

I’ve been thinking about just paying the balance of both our PM accounts on the first of each month when I pay a bunch of other bills, but leave auto-pay set up of course, for the rewards. It seems many of the no service issues revolve around auto-pay problems.

Good idea, and that has been suggested to avoid problems if/when AutoPay doesn't work as expected.  When you make a payment early, it would be added to your Available Funds, and used upon your next renewal dates.

@geopublic wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@geopublic, the payment due date is more directed at those who wish to not use AutoPay or those who wish to get the AutoPay reward without having it actually charge the card.

The balance top-up is required before the renewal starts on the renewal date (the day following the payment date).  If you allow AutoPay to work, you do not need to pay on (or before) the payment date.  AutoPay will charge your card about 2:00 am on the renewal date.

The system is a bunch of files that have to be created and loaded in a sequence.  If you disrupt by paying after the time listed, chances are pretty good that there will be a failure.  The best strategy is to make any desired payments or plan changes either before payment day, or after the plan was renewed.

In the vast majority of plan changes, use the option to schedule on your next renewal.

We have multiple accounts all setup with autopay all have different Payment Due dates that are correct but the AutoPay due date on all of them is showing May 7th ?? which leads me to believe that the AutoPay due date is not displaying correctly. I will notify the moderators and report back findings.

Hopefully they will be able to explain the magic behind May 7th.

Solved by the @CS_Agent 

Happy to report that the issue was aknowledged and solved by the @CS_Agent  all my accounts have been synced up and are now displaying corectly.

"After carefully checking your account, we noticed the discrepancy between the expiry date and auto payment that you mentioned, Unfortunately, a system issue caused services to expire earlier than expected or auto payment date moved to a different one, for a select group of customers. I will sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. But everything was already updated on your account and the expiry date now matches your auto payment."

My recommendation to all is if your Payment due date is not the same as the AutoPay due date be proactive and get it fixed to avoid possible service disruption.

Munday

Pizzaeh

I messaged the moderator and they said since I scheduled a plan change, that is the reason for the two different dates - not sure I understand why that would be.  My actual renewal date is April 27th, but the date under Autopay says May 7th.  The mod said the May 7th date will not affect me, and it will change after the April 27th renewal.  It will 'align with my plan dates'.  We'll see what happens on April 27th.  

popping

@Anonymous wrote:

@popping wrote:

@popping wrote:

After Sunday maintenance update, lots of account has this issue.

Send a private message to moderator to fix the issue.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Everyone  should check your account to make sure the renewal dates on the top and bottom of your overview page are matched. 

I checked my accounts.  One of my 2 accounts with different renewal dates.  It is an account with a $10 50/50 plan.

Thanks for the heads up popping.

I checked my $10 plan and my new $15 plan and all the dates are as they should be.

I changed to the $15 plan on one account last night so I was a little worried what with all this going on.

I received a reply from a moderator about my account with mismatched renewal dates.  If it is not corrected, my account will renew early and suspended.  Moderator had escalated my issue and it will be fixed as soon as possible.  

Therefore, folks, please check the top and bottom renewal dates of your overview page ASAP.  Report your account to the moderator if they are not the same.  Don't be the victim of the renew early and suspended bug.

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@popping@Lieux my overview page also shows different dates; May 7th at the bottom of the page.  I'm not on either of those plans mentioned.  Hopefully that incorrect date gets resolved and/or doesn't affect the next renewal.  

I would write a message to the moderator.... to let them know.. just in case!Smiley Wink

Pizzaeh

@popping@Lieux my overview page also shows different dates; May 7th at the bottom of the page.  I'm not on either of those plans mentioned.  Hopefully that incorrect date gets resolved and/or doesn't affect the next renewal.  

popping

@Lieux wrote:

@popping wrote:

My account with the mismatch renewal date has the wrong date at the bottom of my overview page.  It is also May 7th.  This account has the $10 50/50 plan.  I am wondering whether the plan has anything to do with the wrong date.  The renewal dates on the overview page of my $40/5GB account are matched.

No unfortunately ..not so easy. The 10$ plan here doesn't show the 7th may....

Okay.  The commonality may be the May 7 at the bottom of overview page.  One of my account has the same date May 7 as OP's.  To be confirmed: We need more data points.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping wrote:

@popping wrote:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Everyone  should check your account to make sure the renewal dates on the top and bottom of your overview page are matched. 

I checked my accounts.  One of my 2 accounts with different renewal dates.  It is an account with a $10 50/50 plan.

Thanks for the heads up popping.

I checked my $10 plan and my new $15 plan and all the dates are as they should be.

I changed to the $15 plan on one account last night so I was a little worried what with all this going on.

@popping wrote:

My account with the mismatch renewal date has the wrong date at the bottom of my overview page.  It is also May 7th.  This account has the $10 50/50 plan.  I am wondering whether the plan has anything to do with the wrong date.  The renewal dates on the overview page of my $40/5GB account are matched.

No unfortunately ..not so easy. The 10$ plan here doesn't show the 7th may but the regular date....

popping

@geopublic wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Thanks for the heads up!  I checked all my accounts.  Everything seems to be in order.  The renewal dates are correct with top up date being the day before.  Looks like the fix reported hasn't been totally effective.

Going off topic a bit, one of my accounts only shows one eligible reward being available.  I only see community reward.  Auto pay, loyalty and referral rewards are not showing.  In this particular account, I don't qualify for any rewards but that is not the point.  The rewards should show as $0 instead of not being present. 

@will13am  thanks for letting us know. Looks like your accounts are displaying correctly and that is exactly what I was expecting to see with my accounts. I guess the storm is coming for me Smiley Happy hopefully they fix it before my renewal.

Now I wonder how accounts were "targeted" for receiving this bug. 

@will13am wrote:

Thanks for the heads up!  I checked all my accounts.  Everything seems to be in order.  The renewal dates are correct with top up date being the day before.  Looks like the fix reported hasn't been totally effective.

Going off topic a bit, one of my accounts only shows one eligible reward being available.  I only see community reward.  Auto pay, loyalty and referral rewards are not showing.  In this particular account, I don't qualify for any rewards but that is not the point.  The rewards should show as $0 instead of not being present. 

@will13am  thanks for letting us know. Looks like your accounts are displaying correctly and that is exactly what I was expecting to see with my accounts. I guess the storm is coming for me Smiley Happy hopefully they fix it before my renewal.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@stonechucker wrote:

@geopublic, the payment due date is more directed at those who wish to not use AutoPay or those who wish to get the AutoPay reward without having it actually charge the card.

The balance top-up is required before the renewal starts on the renewal date (the day following the payment date).  If you allow AutoPay to work, you do not need to pay on (or before) the payment date.  AutoPay will charge your card about 2:00 am on the renewal date.

The system is a bunch of files that have to be created and loaded in a sequence.  If you disrupt by paying after the time listed, chances are pretty good that there will be a failure.  The best strategy is to make any desired payments or plan changes either before payment day, or after the plan was renewed.

In the vast majority of plan changes, use the option to schedule on your next renewal.

We have multiple accounts all setup with autopay all have different Payment Due dates that are correct but the AutoPay due date on all of them is showing May 7th ?? which leads me to believe that the AutoPay due date is not displaying correctly. I will notify the moderators and report back findings.

Hopefully they will be able to explain the magic behind May 7th.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

popping

@popping wrote:

popping

@geopublic wrote:

AP.JPGPD.JPG

Does anybody know why the AutoPay due date and they Payment Due Date on self serve page would be different dates?

Need Help? Let's chat.