cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the Payment due date different from the AutoPay due date?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

AP.JPGPD.JPG

Does anybody know why the AutoPay due date and they Payment Due Date on self serve page would be different dates?

54 REPLIES 54

@Karnbot13 wrote:

I'm on a 90 day cycle and my plan doesn't renew until June 8th. Auto pay has a renewal date of May 11th. Is this something that needs to be escalated to the mods? The previous posts didn't have any information for the longer pay cycle

@Karnbot13  The safest way to deal with it is to notify the Moderator_Team and ask them to sync the dates up. You haveore than enough time for them to fix it so that you don't have to deal with credits or incorrect renewal dates and possibly account issues 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Karnbot13  - I would wait until May 11 and see what happens.  If you get charged for your plan (early), then you would need to contact moderators to arrange for a credit, etc. 

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm on a 90 day cycle and my plan doesn't renew until June 8th. Auto pay has a renewal date of May 11th. Is this something that needs to be escalated to the mods? The previous posts didn't have any information for the longer pay cycle

dumbdobie1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes agreed contact the mods they are helpful.

@Munday  Glad to hear your issue was resolved.

@geopublic, Exactly! You just confirmed what I was thinking.

Basically I said during the system maintenance of April 7th, if you did NOT change your plan during the last bill cycle, your AutoPay date was set incorrectly as May 7th.

@CS_Agent  I suspect this will impact considerably more customers in the upcoming weeks, especially those who rely on AutoPay and haven't been consulting Community forums.

Public Mobile should be notifying these customers via text message. I am also notifying friends and family to check their accounts.

@geopublic, I agree with your solution to TOP UP to fix the issue and contact moderators only if absolutely necessary.

The soloution to avoid possible suspension was marked in this thread above and is as follows:

Notice: Any Public Mobile customer who has setup AutoPay and their Account Payment Due Date is before May 7, 2019 should be proactive and manually add the required funds into their accounts before their Paymnet Due Date to avoid possible account suspension. This action will also resolve the descrepancy between the two dates and make them the same. For those that are unable to fund their accounts manually, they  should contact the Moderators to fix the date descrepancy.

Munday

@Munday wrote:

@Munday wrote:

FYI, my Daughter's account has a payment date of April 13, but an auto-pay date of....May 7. I advised her to contact the Moderators, but in the meantime, since her renewal date is so close, go into her account and make a manual payment.

She made the payment, and afterwards, the dates matched. Payment date of April 13, auto-pay date of April 13, available funds $40. She hadn't contacted the Moderators yet. 

Well, another day. My Daughter checked her account this morning. The dates matched after she made a manual payment yesterday, but today the payment date is still April 13, but the auto-pay date is now May 11. She has PM’d the Mods to try and get it sorted out. Renewal date tomorrow should be interesting if the Mods don’t get to it today.....

My Daughter reports account issue fixed by Moderator Jose. Both dates again match. Very good response time by the Moderators. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Munday wrote:

@Munday wrote:

FYI, my Daughter's account has a payment date of April 13, but an auto-pay date of....May 7. I advised her to contact the Moderators, but in the meantime, since her renewal date is so close, go into her account and make a manual payment.

She made the payment, and afterwards, the dates matched. Payment date of April 13, auto-pay date of April 13, available funds $40. She hadn't contacted the Moderators yet. 

Well, another day. My Daughter checked her account this morning. The dates matched after she made a manual payment yesterday, but today the payment date is still April 13, but the auto-pay date is now May 11. She has PM’d the Mods to try and get it sorted out. Renewal date tomorrow should be interesting if the Mods don’t get to it today.....

Shouldn't be a problem with sufficient Available Funds. But yeah all those dates are screwy.

I do not agree with your theory about the plan switch or change last month causing the issue because in my case there wasn't a plan change or any type of change during that period and I still experienced the problem.

@geopublic, Exactly! You just confirmed what I was saying.

Basically I said during the system maintenance of April 7th, if you had no plan changes in the last bill cycle, your AutoPay date was incorrectly set to May 7th.

I suspect this will impact considerably more customers in the upcoming weeks, especially those who rely on AutoPay and haven't been consulting Community forums.

Public Mobile should be notifying these customers via text message. I am also notifying friends and family to check their accounts.

@geopublic, I agree with your solution to TOP UP to fix the issue and contact moderators only if absolutely necessary.

The soloution to avoid possible suspension was marked in this thread above and is as follows:

Notice: Any Public Mobile customer who has setup AutoPay and their Account Payment Due Date is before May 7, 2019 should be proactive and manually add the required funds into their accounts before their Paymnet Due Date to avoid possible account suspension. This action will also resolve the descrepancy between the two dates and make them the same. For those that are unable to fund their accounts manually, they  should contact the Moderators to fix the date descrepancy.

Munday

@Munday wrote:

I do not agree with your theory about the plan switch or change last month causing the issue because in my case there wasn't a plan change or any type of change during that period and I still experienced the problem.

@geopublic, Exactly! You just confirmed what I was saying.

Basically I said during the system maintenance of April 7th, if you had no plan changes in the last bill cycle, your AutoPay date was incorrectly set to May 7th.

I suspect this will impact considerably more customers in the upcoming weeks, especially those who rely on AutoPay and haven't been consulting Community forums.

@LovesToPM wrote:

Thanks for everyone's comments so far.

Before reading all your posts, I also made a post
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/PSA-Am-I-headed-towards-accou...

I have a theory on what caused the May 7 AutoPay date.

On April 7, if you made a plan switch or change last month, then your AutoPay Date is correct.

Otherwise if you kept the same plan as last month, then your AutoPay Date is now May 7.

The change happened on system maintenance of April 7, exactly 30 days before May 7.

Perhaps I am wrong. Please check your account(s) to confirm.

@LovesToPMI agree with you !00% about the significance of May 7th being exactly one renewal period (30 days) from the last Public Mobile's  maintenance of April 7th.

If I had to guess I would say it's related to renewal dates and AutoPay as follows:

Customers that have signed up for AutoPay who's renewal dates are between April 8, 2019 - March 6, 2019 will be possibly affected.

Edit: For customers that already have the necessary funds in their accounts to cover their account renewal amount the above notice does not apply.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for everyone's comments so far.

Before reading all your posts, I also made a post
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/PSA-Am-I-headed-towards-accou...

I have a theory on what caused the May 7 AutoPay date.

On April 7, if you made a plan switch or change last month, then your AutoPay Date is correct.

Otherwise if you kept the same plan as last month, then your AutoPay Date is now May 7.

The change happened on system maintenance of April 7, exactly 30 days before May 7.

Perhaps I am wrong. Please check your account(s) to confirm.

mik101

Private message the mod team. They should be basically the same or a day different. The maintenance on April 7th had a knock on effect of setting the auto-pay date for many users to May 7th. I contacted the mod team and they just fixed mine.

@Munday wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Munday wrote:

Yes, that's exactly how it should work!!Smiley Happy

It should work that you make a manual payment and that fixes a glitch with PM's auto-pay system?

No, that the dates are the same! They should always be the same as far as I'm concerned see my previous post.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Munday wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Munday wrote:

The dates now match on the overview page.

Ah yes. I lost sight of the topic title and got into a discussion about dates on the site. Thanks for your news.

If one were to go into the Payment screen one would see that the autopay date is for the new term. If one has autopay set up then 611 would also give that new term date. So I would suggest that the autopay date down below on the overview page is sorta kinda in its own way...misleading. Because autopay *happens* in the new term.

So strange how some accounts are affected, others not. Mine ok, Wife's not. My Daughter's not, her Son's (my Grandson's), ok.

Without all the customers providing all their plan info, I don't recall seeing a pattern. (or I stopped reading the volume in detail 🙂 ) Interestingly, many customers back in the Quebec problem did say they were on the provincial plan and in Quebec. So a pattern emerged out of that.

It will be interesting in another month to see how slow the system is with all the renewals happening around the same days rather than randomly spread out or from the number of activations from flash sales.

Munday

@Anonymous wrote:

@Munday wrote:

Ah yes. I lost sight of the topic title and got into a discussion about dates on the site. Thanks for your news.

If one were to go into the Payment screen one would see that the autopay date is for the new term. If one has autopay set up then 611 would also give that new term date. So I would suggest that the autopay date down below on the overview page is sorta kinda in its own way...misleading. Because autopay *happens* in the new term.

So strange how some accounts are affected, others not. Mine ok, Wife's not. My Daughter's not, her Son's (my Grandson's), ok.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Munday wrote:

Munday

@Anonymous wrote:

@Munday wrote:

Do you mean the date down below on the overview page? Or the date in the payment screen?

611 will also tell you that the date is the new term.

Munday

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@Munday wrote:

So a manual payment fixed the date discrepancy in her case.  Others could try that before contacting the moderators.  Thanks!

Seems like it. She sent me before and after screen shots.

Munday

@geopublic wrote:

@Munday wrote:

It should work that you make a manual payment and that fixes a glitch with PM's auto-pay system?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Munday wrote:

Do you mean the date down below on the overview page? Or the date in the payment screen?

611 will also tell you that the date is the new term.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Munday wrote:

So a manual payment fixed the date discrepancy in her case.  Others could try that before contacting the moderators.  Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

Exactly, I don't want to hope autopay works. If the dates are the same it follow the KISS principle and I don't have to hope or trigger a CC fraud lock.

I said hope in quotes facetiously in light of what's going on this week.

All these customers coming out of the woodwork have been renewing without issue for years. So autopay has been very reliable. Now not so much.

I'll disagree with making the dates the same. One is current. The other is next. If you don't have autopay set up then there's no other date anyway.

@Munday wrote:

Munday

@Anonymous wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

Too confusing...In my opinion the Payment Due date and the AutoPay due date should be the same. Why? Because the AutoPay process should work the same was as manually funding your account automatically.Smiley Surprised The benefit being you can check to ensure that your account has the necessary funds before renewal processing at @ 2:00 am and avoid most of the current problems.

But it already has the Amount Due. If 0 then you're good. If >0 then either pay in manually or "hope" autopay works. (notwithstanding rewards)

I thought of "grace". There's kind of a grace period in this system where your service still works after the paid term even though they haven't taken the money yet and it says suspended all over the place.

Exactly, I don't want to hope autopay works. If the dates are the same it follow the KISS principle and I don't have to hope or trigger a CC fraud lock.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

Too confusing...In my opinion the Payment Due date and the AutoPay due date should be the same. Why? Because the AutoPay process should work the same was as manually funding your account automatically.Smiley Surprised The benefit being you can check to ensure that your account has the necessary funds before renewal processing at @ 2:00 am and avoid most of the current problems.

But it already has the Amount Due. If 0 then you're good. If >0 then either pay in manually or "hope" autopay works. (notwithstanding rewards)

I thought of "grace". There's kind of a grace period in this system where your service still works after the paid term even though they haven't taken the money yet and it says suspended all over the place.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dylan3 wrote:

Yes but the one day still could count as a extra day for people to pay manually if they dont have autopay set up

No. The date on the overview page indicates the end of the plan. The date in the autopay/payment screen is the beginning of the plan.

If you don't have autopay and you don't have sufficient funds then you go into suspension. You can make your payment any time you like after that until 90 days but all that time the service has been in suspension.

The problem of this topic is some kind of bug introduced very recently. Up until now the dates have been back to back.

@Dylan3 wrote:

Yes but the one day still could count as a extra day for people to pay manually if they dont have autopay set up

That's not AN EXTRA DAY because the due date is before the renewal date.

Need Help? Let's chat.