cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Why is the Payment due date different from the AutoPay due date?


@Munday wrote:

I noticed my Wife’s account has the Payment Due Date of May 4th at the top of the overview page and May 7th at the bottom. I will have her contact the Mods about the situation.

 

I’ve been thinking about just paying the balance of both our PM accounts on the first of each month when I pay a bunch of other bills, but leave auto-pay set up of course, for the rewards. It seems many of the no service issues revolve around auto-pay problems.

 

What do you Guys think about paying in advance like a regular bill?


It is a good plan at least for the next couple of renewals.

Both of my accounts have enough available fund to pay for renewal without touching the autopay credit card.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Why is the Payment due date different from the AutoPay due date?

As I posted yesterday mine is screwed up too (and is still screwed up as of this post).

 

Again the commonality is it says May 7th at the bottom under AutoPay but May 1st at the top.

 

Hopefully PM can get this resolved too as it surely affected many more folks that haven't checked their self serve portals to notice it yet or don't even use self serve/the community.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Why is the Payment due date different from the AutoPay due date?

I think this is because if they set the due date for payment earlier then autopay you will have some time to go in to a store to pay for your phone plan and autopay has a later due date because the money is just taken from your bank account that you set it up with

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Why is the Payment due date different from the AutoPay due date?


@Dylan3 wrote:

I think this is because if they set the due date for payment earlier then autopay you will have some time to go in to a store to pay for your phone plan and autopay has a later due date because the money is just taken from your bank account that you set it up with


No @Dylan3 the 2 dates are always just 1 day appart..not 7 days.Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Why is the Payment due date different from the AutoPay due date?

Yes but the one day still could count as a extra day for people to pay manually if they dont have autopay set up

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Why is the Payment due date different from the AutoPay due date?


@Dylan3 wrote:

Yes but the one day still could count as a extra day for people to pay manually if they dont have autopay set up


That's not AN EXTRA DAY because the due date is before the renewal date.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Why is the Payment due date different from the AutoPay due date?


@Dylan3 wrote:

Yes but the one day still could count as a extra day for people to pay manually if they dont have autopay set up


No. The date on the overview page indicates the end of the plan. The date in the autopay/payment screen is the beginning of the plan.

If you don't have autopay and you don't have sufficient funds then you go into suspension. You can make your payment any time you like after that until 90 days but all that time the service has been in suspension.

 

The problem of this topic is some kind of bug introduced very recently. Up until now the dates have been back to back.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Why is the Payment due date different from the AutoPay due date?

Too confusing...In my opinion the Payment Due date and the AutoPay due date should be the same. Why? Because the AutoPay process should work the same was as manually funding your account automatically.Smiley Surprised The benefit being you can check to ensure that your account has the necessary funds before renewal processing at @ 2:00 am and avoid most of the current problems.

 

 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Why is the Payment due date different from the AutoPay due date?


@geopublic wrote:

Too confusing...In my opinion the Payment Due date and the AutoPay due date should be the same. Why? Because the AutoPay process should work the same was as manually funding your account automatically.Smiley Surprised The benefit being you can check to ensure that your account has the necessary funds before renewal processing at @ 2:00 am and avoid most of the current problems.

 


But it already has the Amount Due. If 0 then you're good. If >0 then either pay in manually or "hope" autopay works. (notwithstanding rewards)

I thought of "grace". There's kind of a grace period in this system where your service still works after the paid term even though they haven't taken the money yet and it says suspended all over the place.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Why is the Payment due date different from the AutoPay due date?


@z10user4 wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

Too confusing...In my opinion the Payment Due date and the AutoPay due date should be the same. Why? Because the AutoPay process should work the same was as manually funding your account automatically.Smiley Surprised The benefit being you can check to ensure that your account has the necessary funds before renewal processing at @ 2:00 am and avoid most of the current problems.

 


But it already has the Amount Due. If 0 then you're good. If >0 then either pay in manually or "hope" autopay works. (notwithstanding rewards)

I thought of "grace". There's kind of a grace period in this system where your service still works after the paid term even though they haven't taken the money yet and it says suspended all over the place.


Exactly, I don't want to hope autopay works. If the dates are the same it follow the KISS principle and I don't have to hope or trigger a CC fraud lock.