cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my Public Mobile SIM Card not working?

Roramir
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've tried to enter the information, more than a dozen times now, to activate my Public Mobile SIM card I ordered through mail, and it is stating as invalid??? First, it seemed to time out, saying there was an error and the need to log out and repeat the process, or just activate again, but I'm not logged in. Yet it does not work, still.

Please help!

13 REPLIES 13

@sunflowershine wrote:

@Roramir You may want to activate your SIM before Jun 15 in order to get the 5GB. Let wait for a bit as other members mentioned earlier. Welcome to PM!

The deadline is 11:59pm on June 16 if the customer ordered a sim card online on June 1.

sounds like it may be time to take a break

Roramir

I'm trying to activate it RIGHT NOW! But now it's not even recognizing my email address, or my SIM card number. Urgh. Very frustrated, to say the least.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hicks023 wrote:

Maybe you ordered your sim card for the wrong phone. You should check again to see if all the imformation you entered while ordering your sim card is correct.

Good of you to jump in and start participating but SIM's aren't sold for a specific phone. They go in any unlocked/compatible phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sunflowershine wrote:

@Roramir You may want to activate your SIM before Jun 15 in order to get the 5GB. Let wait for a bit as other members mentioned earlier. Welcome to PM!

?? This thread isn't about the 5gb promo. We don't even know when the OP bought their SIM. And it's June 16.

Hicks023
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Maybe you ordered your sim card for the wrong phone. You should check again to see if all the imformation you entered while ordering your sim card is correct.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Roramir

I’ve refreshed, opened new web browsers, even used a different device to try to follow through with this process. Hope this is only a time lock issue and nothing more! 😅

Roramir

Thank you! Will let you know in seventh minutes (to be SAFE!) when I try again. Fingers crossed that’s all it is. 😊

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Roramir  the sim card number is probably recorded in the system as in process of being activated and thus can not be activated.  wait a couple hours and try again and it should work. I also suggest clearing your browsers cache and using incognito mode to activate.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Roramir 

If you need to go back a page during activation, restart your browser to start the activation process again.  PM webpage does not handle the session collectly.  

@Roramir wrote:

I've tried to enter the information, more than a dozen times now, to activate my Public Mobile SIM card I ordered through mail, and it is stating as invalid??? First, it seemed to time out, saying there was an error and the need to log out and repeat the process, or just activate again, but I'm not logged in. Yet it does not work, still.

Please help!

When an activation is started but not finished, the activation system locks out the sim card number.  I suspect that if you wait an hour and then try again, if might work.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@RoramirIf you do the activation process too many times, you will risk getting your SIM card locked out, since SIM cards are a 1 use item. I highly recommend you try late night / early morning hours.. also do it on a browser with no plugins and as clean as possible.. ie accept cookies, no cache etc. I think when first time out happened, after tries it already went into lock mode.

Need Help? Let's chat.