cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it more expensive to get SIM card at kiosk?

Helen84
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have recently switched to PM and got my SIM card at a Koodo kiosk and was charged $16.95, however if I were to get it online it would only cost $11.30, anyone know why?

7 REPLIES 7

Pound
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

"nickled and dimed", what a great expression. It is exactly what other carriers are doing. 

Helen84

@computergeek541 my point is that the website states the SIM card being $10 and lists 3 options to purchase it (amazon/online/in store) but never said that picking up in store will be at an extra cost. Plus the particular kiosk I visited was also listed on the webiste so anyone would assume that the price to be the same. I'm leaving it here so that people know about the extra charge and have better knowledge about their choices. 

@Helen84 wrote:

I have recently switched to PM and got my SIM card at a Koodo kiosk and was charged $16.95, however if I were to get it online it would only cost $11.30, anyone know why?

The official price is $10.  However, unless the store lied to you and said one price but then charged another, you agreed to pay that price. I do know if there is and pricing agreement between Public Mobile and Koodo franchised locations.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Helen84 hi if its not to much out of your way I would go back and complain they are only 10 plus tax everywhere else or maybe they have a number to call they nickled and dimed me for years before I left them to come here good luck 

Helen84

@Triguy I was only given a credit card reciept. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Sims are $10 + tax.  If you have a copy of the receipt - were there any other charges ?

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Helen84 hi sounds like koodo overcharged you 

Need Help? Let's chat.