cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why income text message still count?

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi I just open accounts today,I used $10/month,50min /monthly,50 Text message/monthly,unlimited income text messages,but I checked my account the income text message (includes 611)still count ?is that correct?thanks

2 REPLIES 2

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Jackhyf63 wrote:

Hi I just open accounts today,I used $10/month,50min /monthly,50 Text message/monthly,unlimited income text messages,but I checked my account the income text message (includes 611)still count ?is that correct?thanks

My son is on that plan and I just checked his account and incoming texts are not being counted in his total and nor should they be as you can receive unlimited texts.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Jackhyf63 wrote:

Incomming text is not supposed to count. However if you have advanced messages on or allow "read receipt" to be configured by default your phone will without your knowledge send another message back to the persons phone saying you got the message. Public mobile doesn't know the difference between you hitting "send" or your phone sending a secret message.

As for another issue with using your texts, you may find that when you first sign up your phone keeps sending messages to a number you do not recognize. You will not know about this till you log into self serve and find many of your texts are used. Then you go to usage history and see whats happening. This is carrier / imessage / andriod dialer / your phone doing things on initial set up

Need Help? Let's chat.