cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my phone number appear as "Unknown Number" on my phone's SIM card settings?

MrSnide
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was checking out the Settings on my phone and I noticed that my phone doesn't appear to know what its own phone number is... the SIM card card info shows: "Public Mobile" and "Unknown Number".

I had successfully ported my number from Virgin Mobile last night. Well, I received a text from PM saying that the port was successful. I can make calls. I had a bit of a panic attack when I tried calling my cell from my office landline and it didn't go through. Turns out I had unknown numbers blocked.

Running Android 5.0 on my ASUS Zenfone 2.

Should I be concerned about this "Unknown number" thing?

6 REPLIES 6

Annye
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I was trying to change mon cell number to my home number when something arrived. The site web told me that I succeeded but it did not work. Now, I can call, I can use Wathsapp, etc but I can not receive calls.

Would you please help me

Thanks

Annye

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
If the missing Phone numbers bothers anyone then look for a temp phone that will let you input a number onto your Sim card. There are quite a few of them that allow you to do that, the only one the come into my mind at this time is iPhones. But there are others that will allow you to do this.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello,

Frankly, when I chose a new number and it didn't appear, though the previous two did, I was concerned. After I put my phone through its paces, I concluded that it was a quirk, and no more than that.

Enjoy your new phone!

MrSnide
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Martin

Thank you sir! I am relieved.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Thank you very much for the Bravo, and Accept as Solution.

Much appreciated!

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello,

No, there is absolutely no reason to be concerned.

I have 2 Moto G phones, of which one has a SIM card and a PM number. The other is SIM-less and, as a result, operates on WiFi only.

The phone with a SIM card has "unknown number" where the PM phone number should be. That notwithstanding, the phone continues to work flawlessly from the day that I purchased it in May of last year.

I hope that this has addressed your concern.

Cheers!

Need Help? Let's chat.