cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my it say Plan expired on my account?

camlafave
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone has an x next to the data signal icon and isnt working. I checked my account and it says plan expired next to may plan details. I have auto pay, so why would this happen?

7 REPLIES 7

Theknight

It should be a bug ( technical failure) .. I used to be with other prepaid providers and I would pay manually instead of the auto pay, I used to see this issue and can’t even use the add-ons if I topped up my account in the last one or two days of the billing cycle... I spoke with a representative and told me better if top up your account 72 hours or more before the due date bcz the system’s progammed that way... in this case, autopay ,so it should be a technical thing 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

Its a terribly designed system. It gets people worried every time they have a renewal.

If tomorrow is your renewal it is "normal" for plan to say suspended and payment will come out tomorrow.

If today was your payment due date, then here's what to expect:
1. Expiration of completed period. Account will show "plan expired" sometime before midnight tonight.
2. Conversion of all rewards (including autopay) to available funds at midnight; rewards reset. Payment not collected yet at this point.  Account will show "Your account has been suspended" in big red letters.
3. In early hours of the morning, available funds will be used (if any), credit card will be charged (if necessary), plan will be renewed. Account status will then show "active."

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As long as it doesn't switch to suspended and your service stops working, ignore the warning and let the auto-pay do its thing.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@camlafave wrote:

My phone has an x next to the data signal icon and isnt working. I checked my account and it says plan expired next to may plan details. I have auto pay, so why would this happen?

I would think that if your phone was suspended you wouldn't even get a data signal icon as you wouldn't be connected to the network.  The only time I get an x is when I am on wifi and have an issue with my connection.  Never had an x by my mobile data icon

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

camlafave

It also says autopay next payment  Sept 17.

camlafave

It says plan expiry date is Sept 18. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@camlafave, what is the date showing in your account overview page?  A number of weeks ago, there were renewal issues with accounts even if auto pay is set up.  I believe that bug has been dealt with successfully. 

Need Help? Let's chat.