cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can’t i port my number to different mobile service?

Juliec005
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It’s says my plan is expired, is that a reason I can’t? Why am I not allowed to port to different company??

4 REPLIES 4

@Juliec005 

Is your plan/account going thru renewal tonight (now)? Did you remove your autopay? Its possible to still change your plan to the $15 before it suspends in the next hour or two but its risky.....if youre porting to telus or koodo you can port while suspended. Once you lose service on your phone youll know your officially suspended.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Juliec005  Yes you can but you plan needs to be active so just change plans to the cheapest $15 plan and reactivate your account and then you can port out your number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Juliec005 wrote:

It’s says my plan is expired, is that a reason I can’t? Why am I not allowed to port to different company??

I don't think any provider will allow a port to another unrelated company without an active service.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Juliec005 unless your porting to Koodo or Telus you need an active service to Port

contact customer support here they can help you out

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Need Help? Let's chat.