cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I send or recieve picture messages??

Haroldjpower
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have only been with PM for 5 days but since day 1 I have not been able to send or receive picture messages. I have checked my plan and it's all included but eveytime I try to send it says not delivered. My grandaughter said she has been sendign me pictures all week but i haven't received any. Can someone help me out please.

17 REPLIES 17

Yongyu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

OK, thanks.

trinitytdot

Hello, I’m order for me to send and receive pictures over text I need to turn on my data so if you send a picture or would like to receive one try turning on your data for a few minutes and it should send!

Yongyu

OK, thanks.

berniedes

Hi Haroldjpower, 

in addition to the APN settings provided my Public Mobile ,   also add this one.    APN type    default,mms .    Reboot your phone and problem fixed.

Yongyu
  • It's working now, thank you very much.

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, The problem may be your APN settings. One small error will stop it from working.

Your Data has to be ON.

read these posts https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Can-t-send-or-receive-MMS/m-p/67317#M1705...

Texting apps like Hangouts, Whatsapp or even email can send photos. The photos sent may be of better quality than small MMS text images. 

@Yongyu wrote:

I have same problem. And I setting everything (VPN), but still not work.Before the phone is good work on it.

In my case I need to disable wifi before I can send MMS with data on...

Vancouguy

Wi-Fi data does not work the character message, and only the public mobile company data is operated by the character message.

Yongyu

I have same problem. And I setting everything (VPN), but still not work.Before the phone is good work on it.

SkimGuy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yeah I had the same issue, thought it was Wi-Fi based but it is actually mobile data based. Good to know I guess

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @WinMan.  Welcome to Public mobile.  Always lots of good info here from people who are ready to help if they can.

If you have a question, don't foget to always start a new topic.  That way, your question will get the most exposure and the quickest possible response.

WinMan

I messed around for hours trying to figure this out.  Aside from the fix, I also learned that I should just come here in the first place.

GrumpyG

A few things

1- make sure you had paid for text messaging in your plan

2- check your APN (access point name) settings in your phone- this will allow you to send and receive picture messaging

Sending a picture message (MMS) is a great test to see if the APN is configured properly

Also test the data by temporarily disabling WiFi if you are hooked up to home or public wifi 

For my phone I had to change APN type to include default, mms, and supl to work

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Haroldjpower

If it's an iPhone by chance, then you have to make sure that iMessage is turned on and you need data on also. When cellular data is off, then the picture messaging doesn't seem to work.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Haroldjpower If you did turn on your data and still not able to send or receive MMS, check your APN settings and make sure it matches the one found here: https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en

C1ayt0n

More then likely your data is off. But for safety once your done sending/receiving pictures, turn off your data, some apps on youre phone can use your data in the background.  

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Do you have data turned on .You need cellular data turned on to send MMS (pictures by text messaging app).

GC 

Need Help? Let's chat.