cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I charged an extra fee?

DD6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a $40 plan, and with my $2 discount and taxes, by monthly bill is $42.94.  However, for the past two months I have had an additional charge of $9.04 charged to my credit card.  What is that charge for?

16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite wrote:

@DD6 wrote:

I have a $40 plan, and with my $2 discount and taxes, by monthly bill is $42.94.  However, for the past two months I have had an additional charge of $9.04 charged to my credit card.  What is that charge for?

@DD6 Do you mean there are two charges from Public Mobile - $42.94 and $9.04? OR is there just one charge of $51.98? That could be a $50 plan less $2 autopay less $2 referrals net $46 plus tax = $51.98.

Login to your account and double check your plan details.

I think that's a stretch. He said "my $2 discount". I didn't get that he was saying what the difference is and so has a new total. He also didn't say anything about referrals.

He says "additional charge" and goes on saying "that" charge. Seems to me he sees a single charge of $9.04 on his credit card (each month).

A cancelled plan could have been $10 and then the continuing autopay bug after cancellation but he said they were also $40 plans. Maybe someone changed plans on one of those accounts to the $10 before cancelling.

Saying he has no add-ons...he still needs mod assistance of course. 🙂

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Luddite, this looks likely from what was originally explained. @DD6, if you haven't logged in to your self-serve in the past few months and PM has just started charging you $51.98, it's likely that there was some sort of error made on their part. As already mentioned, check your self-serve and see what  plan is listed on the main page, and get in touch with the moderators to resolve the error.

@Luddite, good catch on that.  I didn't not read it that way at all.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@DD6 wrote:

@DD6 Do you mean there are two charges from Public Mobile - $42.94 and $9.04? OR is there just one charge of $51.98? That could be a $50 plan less $2 autopay less $2 referrals net $46 plus tax = $51.98.

Login to your account and double check your plan details.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

I think you will need the moderator for billing problem @DD6....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Explain what happened and wait few minutes?? @Mary_M...Smiley Wink few hours upto 2days....they will tell you exactly and fix your account..

Perhaps you paid for an add-on for someonelse???? but for sure you don't pay because of they closed their account!!!!

@DD6 wrote:

I am set up on auto pay.  There is no charge for that, is there?

No additional charge for AutoPay, as it's a $2 deduction at the time of renewal.

Can you look at your payment history?  If you could, make a screenshot, and hide all personal data, and attach it to this thread.  we should be able to see if it's on your account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DD6 wrote:

Were the other accounts on the $10 plan with autopay set up? That would be $8.

No there's no charge for being on autopay. It goes the other way 🙂

Edit: Sorry. You said they were on $40 plans. The other already answered.

Sharry19
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@DD6 No extra charge for just setting up Auto pay

infact you will receive $2 credit every month to set up autp pay

*** Please note: I am not a Moderator ***

DD6

DD6

The other two family members in my group cancelled their accounts back in December since they got new phones with Bell.  They also had $40 plans.  None of us had long distance, but I don't know if either of them had US roaming - I don't.  There are no add-ons for my plan.  Is it possible I am being charged something from their closed accounts?    We were setup so that our payments all came from the same credit card.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@DD6, this is the $40 - $2 = $38.

Then you pay 13% taxes (Are you in Ontario??)  38 + 13% = $42.94

EDIT: Sorry, didn't read the full original post.  Sounds like an added $8 add-on.

Sharry19

@DD6 Could you please open My Account PM page & double check this info :

Autopay Rewards $2 Credit ?

Any Long distance or Data or any other kind of Add-on you had purchased ? 

WittyUsername
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do you have any add-ons (such as long distance minutes, US talk or US text)?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DD6 wrote:

Did you buy any add-ons? That equals exactly $8 in your province. There is a long distance add-on and a US roaming add-on both for $8.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

can you post a screenshot of your overview and payment history pages, redact any personal information.

do you possibly have a second account with pm?

Sharry19

@DD6 Did you for sure successfully set up the Autopay ? I mean if you to your PM page could you be able to see in my Rewars $2 Credit for Autopay or not ? 

Need Help? Let's chat.