cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I choose my number location is Vancouver, but it shows US number?

hhermit
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just actived my SIM card today because I need a local phone number.

when I test it, it shows the phone call was from the US. So am I using a long distance number??? So confusing. 

10 REPLIES 10

zhigangbai
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The 236 number is new Vancouver phone number, and it's not US number.

@kav2001c wrote:

@ShawnC13 

672 is not possible (yet) with any Telus brand

http://cnac.ca/data/COCodeStatus_NPA672.htm

Just noticed it was listed when I looked for BC area codes.  Telus has marked 4 or so for testing so it will be coming.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 

672 is not possible (yet) with any Telus brand

http://cnac.ca/data/COCodeStatus_NPA672.htm

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@hhermit 

Not possible

Public can NOT assign a US number

List of full codes is here for reference:

cnac.ca

My *guess* is they assigned you a new area code and you have mistakenly assumed it was a US area code?

@iliketotalk wrote:

@hhermit  hello If you don't like that area code go into your account and change number and find an area code you like goodluck

If the person wants a Vancouver, often there is no choice but to take the area code given.  Please note that area codes are not always specific to just one city.

@hhermit wrote:

when I test it, it shows the phone call was from the US. So am I using a long distance number??? So confusing. 

If you're talking about when you make an outgoing call and the other person seeing something about it being a an incoming call from Califorinia, U.S.A. or something like that, these are based on a internet search that the phone's software is performing.  An example of that would Google's stock phone app.   It has no effect on your service. 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@hhermit  hello If you don't like that area code go into your account and change number and find an area code you like goodluck

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@hhermit wrote:

When you call someone your number is showing as a US number?  Is your area code 250,604,778 or 236 or maybe even 672

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hhermit 236 is also a new area code in BC. It is not US. 

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@hhermit wrote:

I belief Vancouver area code is 604, so when you tested this code, the phone showed was from US?

Need Help? Let's chat.