cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to Buy a SIM Card in MARKHAM

zoslick
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey Everyone,

New here, have a phone package for my daughter with Roger's for the past 5 years and noticed that they were ripping me off this whole time, paying well over $35 for only 100mb!  Anyways, where can I purchase a Public Mobile SIM Card in the Markham, York Region area?  Been searching the site and some members are saying Walmart but went there to check and they don't have it.  Thanks in advance!

13 REPLIES 13

@will13am wrote:

@zoslick wrote:

Canadian Tire? Really?  Awesome, thanks, will go first thing tomorrow!

@zoslick, sorry but you were given bogus information.  The list of retail stores are Mobile Shop, Wow Mobile, K-Mobile, London Drugs, Walmart.  It is shown right on this site.  I suggest avoiding Walmart as they will force to you activate in store which would make you ineligible for the ongoing referral promotion.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started

Well I stand corrected then. I assumed that because they do sell the vouchers, they'd also sell the sim. Smear my ears with jam and stake me to an anthill.

zoslick

Thanks for the update Jeremiah! 

jeremiah10

Hey Zoslick
Some of the stores that sell public mobile simcards are the following,
WALMART, LONDON DRUGS, WOW MOBILE, THE MOBILE SHOP, K MOBILE.
You can contact stores before heading out there to make sure they have it in stock. I went to the K mobile shop in Markham the other day to get another simcard, they had over 40+ stock for simcards.

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Bought my sim at Wow mobile in Markville Mall.

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

@zoslick 

I've had good experience with Wow! Mobile kiosks. There is one inside Markville.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@zoslick wrote:

Hey Everyone,

New here, have a phone package for my daughter with Roger's for the past 5 years and noticed that they were ripping me off this whole time, paying well over $35 for only 100mb!  Anyways, where can I purchase a Public Mobile SIM Card in the Markham, York Region area?  Been searching the site and some members are saying Walmart but went there to check and they don't have it.  Thanks in advance!

Walmart, Wow, The Mobile Shop have websites to look for closest locations.  Go to one of those company's website and use postal code to looking for closest to you.

zoslick

Thanks a lot for the list of places, makes it a lot easier now!

@Alex888 wrote:
@will13amI've heard that you can buy vouchers at Canadian Tire, but I'm not sure about SIM's. You would think if they sold one they would sell the other.

What can I say.  If Public Mobile failed to update the information on their website, it is on them.  If I make things up, it is on me.  Given that there is an official list of available retailers, I will refer to it 10 times out of 10.  If you see how I respond to customers inquiries, I try my level best to refer to documented evidence on this site.  It is good practice to point to the knowledge base articles. 

@will13am I've heard that you can buy vouchers at Canadian Tire, but I'm not sure about SIM's. You would think if they sold one they would sell the other.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@zoslick wrote:

Hey Everyone,

Check your nearest Canada Tire.

Where in the Public Mobile site does it say Canadian Tire sells SIM cards?

@zoslick wrote:

@zoslick, sorry but you were given bogus information.  The list of retail stores are Mobile Shop, Wow Mobile, K-Mobile, London Drugs, Walmart.  It is shown right on this site.  I suggest avoiding Walmart as they will force to you activate in store which would make you ineligible for the ongoing referral promotion.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started

zoslick

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@zoslick wrote:

Hey Everyone,

Check your nearest Canada Tire.

Need Help? Let's chat.