cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the "SIM & Activation online form" ?

Shereef
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I am porting my number and I want to update my info I received this message:

"Public Mobile here: We're experiencing difficulties processing your request to move to Public Mobile. Please go to PublicMobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. Thanks."

I have tried to do it from self serve by doing change my number and choosing to transfer my current number but at this point because PM thinks the phone number is a local PM one it says:
"We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance."

Please advise @CS_Agent
10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Shereef do note that porting from VoIP can take several days, during which you would have the exact experience you describe:  outbound calls will show your ported number, but inbound calls will go to your old service until the port is completed.  This is normal for a short time when porting from another mobile provider, or for up to around a week or so when porting from VoIP.  but since you got the text that caused you to make this thread, it means in your case the port failed rather than it's still processing.  At this point all you can do is wait for a response from the moderator team to help.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Shereef

I have accepted your answer as it is the most detailed and provided me with exactly what I need to do, Thanks!

Shereef

When I call out of PM it shows my number that should be ported, when calling that number from a PM number it reaches the PM phone but when I call from any other carrier My old phone rings

So internally PM thinks this number is ported and routing internally to my PM SIM card but the port has not been successful

I am porting from VoIP TextNow

srlawren

@fahad_rahman @Shereef the message it outdated, but it means your port has failed.

Please follow the instructions below to get help:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

fahad_rahman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am parting from Fongo. I bought public mobile Sim card couple days ago. I did everything online and activated my Sim card. I just got a message saying 

"Public Mobile here: We're experiencing difficulties processing your request to move to Public Mobile. Please go to PublicMobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. Thanks."

Help please

popping

PM and Koodo prepaid are using the same backend server.  The automated number porting system will treat both service as one service.  That is the reason for the upfront check.  Contact moderator to port is correct.  Let us hope moderator team will get to your private message soon.

There is no such sim and activation contact us form.  The only way to contact customer service is to send a private message to Moderator_Team.   This text message (with outdated and incorrect information) is semt out to customer whenever an incoming phone number transfer request has failed.  You'll need to have the moderators try it again for you.  Be sure to have your old provider's account number available.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Is your current number working?

As well, I'm not clear on why PM would consider another carrier number as a PM number. What carrier are you porting from?

GC

fahad_rahman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same problem here . I sent a message to mod team yesterday

no reply yet.

Shereef

P.S. I found other thread for the same topic but they all seemed old and outdated so I thought starting a new one to contain an accurate answer was a good idea, I am a noob here so please correct me if I am wrong.

Need Help? Let's chat.